Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Global Opening and Closing

Has anyone tried Global Opening and Closing with the remote control.    After unlocking the doors with the remote control, if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote control it opens the moonroof and all the windows.  That works fine on my car.  Then pressing the lock button on the remote control is supposed to close all the windows and the moonroof.  On mine, it fails to close the front windows.  I have to go inside the car and press the buttons to close them.

Mine also failed to close the front windows. I thought it was because I had opened the front ones manually before I used the global open function and it was remembering their setting. Any chance this was your case as well?

I swear the first time I tried it a few weeks ago they all opened and closed, moonroof included.

According to the manual....

Global Opening and Closing

You can open and close your vehicle's

windows, and vent the moonroof (if
equipped) using the remote control.

Opening the Windows
Press and hold the unlock button on the
remote control to begin opening the
windows and venting the moonroof (if
equipped).
Press the lock or unlock button on the
remote control to stop motion.

Closing the Windows
Press and hold the lock button on the
remote control to begin closing the
windows and moonroof (if equipped).

Sounds like you have a problem, I'd get it checked out!

Mine had the same problem that was caused by the window relay not being calibrated properly.

It's easy to fix by sitting in the driver's seat and rolling the window down by continuing to hold the window button down for a few seconds after it reaches the fully open position. If its quiet, you'll hear a click from that window motor relay.

Next, close the window by lifting up in the window button until the window reaches the fully closed position and continuing to lift up on the button for a few more seconds, you should also hear a click from the window relay.

That's it! If its calibrated you should now be able to push the window button for a second then release it while the window goes to the fully open position,,,then lift up on the switch for a second and release it while the window continues to travel to the fully closed position on its own.

After this is completed on each window using the driver door switches, your remote will be able to lower and raise all of the windows simultaneously.

Mine had the same problem that was caused by the window relay not being calibrated properly.

It's easy to fix by sitting in the driver's seat and rolling the window down by continuing to hold the window button down for a few seconds after it reaches the fully open position. If its quiet, you'll hear a click from that window motor relay.

Next, close the window by lifting up in the window button until the window reaches the fully closed position and continuing to lift up on the button for a few more seconds, you should also hear a click from the window relay.

That's it! If its calibrated you should now be able to push the window button for a second then release it while the window goes to the fully open position,,,then lift up on the switch for a second and release it while the window continues to travel to the fully closed position on its own.

After this is completed on each window using the driver door switches, your remote will be able to lower and raise all of the windows simultaneously.

They now all close after performing the calibration.  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Has anyone tried Global Opening and Closing with the remote control.    After unlocking the doors with the remote control, if you press and hold the unlock button on the remote control it opens the moonroof and all the windows.  That works fine on my car.  Then pressing the lock button on the remote control is supposed to close all the windows and the moonroof.  On mine, it fails to close the front windows.  I have to go inside the car and press the buttons to close them.

Following the manual did not wrok for me.

Below is the list from Badrock my added info in bold. 

Opening the Windows
Press the unlock button once, then press the lock button again quickly and hold the unlock button on the
remote control to begin opening the
windows and venting the moonroof (if
equipped).

Closing the Windows
Press and hold the lock button on the
remote control to begin closing the
windows and moonroof (if equipped).

Pressing unlock once and holding did not work to open the windows on my Energi, but everytime I press twice, holding the second press, it works!
Maybe, double pressing the lock button and holding will work on your vehicle.
Just a thought

The procedure from manual (most recent revision--the above procedure was from an obsolete version) is as follows:

Opening the Windows

You can only open the windows for a short time after you unlock your vehicle with the remote control. After you unlock your vehicle, press and hold the remote control unlock button to open the windows and vent the moonroof. Release the button once movement starts. Press the lock or unlock button to stop movement

Closing the Windows

To close the windows and moonroof, press and hold the remote control lock button. Release the button once movement starts. Press the lock or unlock button to stop movement.

Yes, you need to unlock the vehicle first, before pressing and holding the unlock button to open the windows.

Edited by larryh

• 4 weeks later...

I just tried this.  My car was locked.  So I pressed the unlock button once then held the unlock button....sunroof vented and 3 windows lowered, driver's window did not lower.  Next, I held the lock button and all 3 windows closed, sunroof closed then vented again.

I did this 3 times and every time the exact thing happened.  Anyone know why my driver's window would not open and why holding the lock button causes sunroof to close and then vent again?

Thank you larryh!  I had read CombsAuthor's post initially but did not think it pertained to my issue since the driver's window wouldn't open.  Others said their windows wouldn't close.  I just didn't put 2 and 2 together.  I guess my auto down for the driver's window wasn't working.  Fixing the driver's window fixed the sunroof closing then venting again too.