Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New to the energi family

WouterP

After driving a Ford Fiesta SE for the last year and half (moved over from Belgium and was a full time student so had not too much money to spent on a car) it was time to find something more comfortable ride.  Now my daily commute to work is not that you would typically choose a plug in hybrid, I drive 75 miles a day to work, but I guess it might work great.  At this point the first 18 miles are through the mountains of central PA until I get on the highway. The rest will be highway (around 60mph) until I'm in Harrisburg, finishing up with an other 5 miles into the city.  I have the possibility to charge at work so I hope to drive 40 miles electric.  My Fiesta got an average of 33 mpg and I hope that the Fusion will not only give me a more comfortable ride but also gives me a much better millage. Not sure how much I can get but I hope to end up around 60 mpg, I keep you all posted

Welcome WouterP!

You won't be sorry with the Energi.  But you should also check out the Fusion Hybrid just to be see if that would work out better with your 75 miles commute to work.  You have the possibility to charge at work so the Energi sounds like a great option.  The shorter drives that you may have on weekends should make up for your longer daily drives.  If I had to do it over again I would still buy the Energi over the Hybrid, but that's my preference.

I take several longer trips every month and on those drives I average 43 mpg since I'm in EV Later mode for most of those trips.  You will love the quietness and the comfortable ride of the Fusion.

Let us know what you buy!

The Energi may excel beyond the hybrid since he says he goes through the mountains.  Depending on how long of a decline he has (I70 comes to mind), the battery capacity in the Energi will be capable of capturing more energy than the hybrid can going downhill.

Aside from that, welcome to the forum.  The thread title sort of indicates that you've already bought, and if so, welcome to your new wheels too.

I did and picked up my car today.  This car is awesome, Ok you need to get used to the CVT (am European and was first used to stick, now my Fiesta had a dual clutch) but OMG this car is pretty fast and o so quiet.  For one or other reason was my battery not charged when I picked it up :(, but I asked them to activate my DRL and first they were sceptic, but at the end they found the code and did it for me.  So on my way back (2,5 hour drive through Baltimore in rush hour :/) and with an empty battery, my MPG was 45 (with airco on), just as I hoped it would be.  I need to learn to regenerate better but that will come in time.

I do have a quick question, is the Titanium version coming with mirrors that get dark?  I know my internal mirror does but was kind of surprised that my drivers mirror does the same.

To come back on the hills, yes we have steep hills that I have to go over and that was the reason that I wanted the Energi and not the Hybrid, time will tell if it was the best solution.  But there was not much price difference between both and with the tax credit and tax rebate from the state Pennsylvania, this car was even cheaper then a Hybrid.

If I have more questions, I'll post them in the designated parts of this forum!!

Thx for the warm welcome

I do have a quick question, is the Titanium version coming with mirrors that get dark?  I know my internal mirror does but was kind of surprised that my drivers mirror does the same.

Yep, both inside rear view and your driver's side mirror auto-tint.  I was also surprised it did that since I hadn't seen it before.

Yep, both inside rear view and your driver's side mirror auto-tint.  I was also surprised it did that since I hadn't seen it before.

Back in Europe I was an Audi driver and although Audi is known for high standards and quality, this car exceeds it by far.  The materials used in the car and the options who are on it makes this car to be the best car I've ever owned :)