Ford Fusion Energi Forum

mfm low to car trip

dudley

Hi all, have had this car about 1 month so trying to understand what's the difference with car read out and mfm. my drive to work is 32.8 miles about 28 hwy  miles 4.8 city streets and home is 36.7 miles all back roads 25 to 45 mph home. cars reads 48 mpg to work and 95 105 135 mpg home but mfm is 70 75 85 mpg. I use about .5 to .7 kwh driving to work and all the rest going home. so what I see is the car is over reporting or mfm is under reporting. Thanks, Dave.  

Since you have a 2015, your car only reports MPG and ignores the electricity used.  However, MFM reports MPGe - it gives your electrical usage a MPG equivalent number and averages your gasoline with electricity usage.  So for whatever reason, MFM has an incorrect label.

The 2013 model year does have an option in the instrument cluster to have it show you either MPG or MPGe.  They took that away in very late 2013 and subsequent model years.