Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Charge Fault

OrangeAl

That is what sucks.  I tried to make an appointment and was told they don't have an opening for Hybrid cars until next week and it was going to take a half day to look at it.  Huh?!  I again explained it is the charger not the car having issues.  I was also told if if they inspect it and it does need to be replaced they will have to order it.  Great, there goes my 2 months between gas station visits.

They should be able to give you one from one of the cars in inventory. 

Contact Ford on this site:  http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/user/568-fordivtteam/

Just show up without an appointment and go to the service desk.  Park your car next to the charger and/or and outlet and demonstrate to someone the issue and see "who" can take care of you.

That sort of thing doesn't need an appointment, only make sure you go to an Energi dealer and not all Ford dealers can sell the Energi model.

-=>Raja.

It is the dealer I purchased the car from.  They claim the hybrid tech is on vacation this week.  I said it doesn't take hybrid tech to plug in the defective charger to see it doesn't work.  Waiting to hear back if I should try a different dealer.

They should be able to give you one from one of the cars in inventory. 

Contact Ford on this site:  http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/user/568-fordivtteam/

I had also asked if they would do this and was told "We can not take it out of another car then that car can not be sold with no charger.  That and they can not get the repair done as warranty, the Parts we order have to match up to the repairs."

Well they are still going to see me tomorrow.  Said - our test will take about 1 hr there is a software configuration that must be checked and recorded per ford before we can order a charger.

I'd politely ask them to charge your car using their L2 charger while it is at the dealer. The few dealers we've been in contact with have usually been willing to do this.

I'd politely ask them to charge your car using their L2 charger while it is at the dealer. The few dealers we've been in contact with have usually been willing to do this.

I keep asking, but they havent yet charged it and what was odd is when I turned it in, it had 4 miles left and when I got it back...nothing! it just annoys me...and then they had the nerve to ask to go to the auto sites and get them a good rating cause they get money for 5 star reviews...

They did a good job, but when you ask them to do something and dont..its not 5 stars...

I keep asking, but they havent yet charged it and what was odd is when I turned it in, it had 4 miles left and when I got it back...nothing! it just annoys me...and then they had the nerve to ask to go to the auto sites and get them a good rating cause they get money for 5 star reviews...

They did a good job, but when you ask them to do something and dont..its not 5 stars...

Their diagnostic procedures for diagnosing a charging issue calls for them to charge the car. There's no excuse to not charge it in that case.

It's a best practice for dealers servicing plug-in cars to charge them for customers because it will make those customers happy. I think Chevy dealers charge Volts when they come in for service.

Edited by Hybridbear

It's a best practice for dealers servicing plug-in cars to charge them for customers because it will make those customers happy. I think Chevy dealers charge Volts when they come in for service.

I think it's also hit-or-miss with their dealers too, some do and some don't.

The workaround that we now do with our cars is to always drop the car off the night before, plug it in and on the envelope for the key drop I write "car parked on charger" so it will be fully charged when they start in on it, and while they may burn through some during their work there is still plenty left when I pick it up.

I had my appointment at 7am this morning.  I did ask if they could charge while they tested my 120v charger and they said no problem.  My car was put on their charger at 7:05am per MFM.  The tech came out a half hour later and said testing was done and they have ordered a new charger which should be in tomorrow.  That was a surprise (part getting here so quick, not the fact the charger didn't work).  He also said I could wait as long as I wanted while the car charged, so I waited until 8am.  I was also told I could come in tomorrow morning and work in their lounge while I waited for the new charger to come in and they would charge my car while I waited.  Nice touch!! :clapping:

I had my appointment at 7am this morning.  I did ask if they could charge while they tested my 120v charger and they said no problem.  My car was put on their charger at 7:05am per MFM.  The tech came out a half hour later and said testing was done and they have ordered a new charger which should be in tomorrow.  That was a surprise (part getting here so quick, not the fact the charger didn't work).  He also said I could wait as long as I wanted while the car charged, so I waited until 8am.  I was also told I could come in tomorrow morning and work in their lounge while I waited for the new charger to come in and they would charge my car while I waited.  Nice touch!! :clapping:

Are you in the Twin Cities area? Which dealer are you using? Freeway Ford has charged our car when it's been in for service. New Brighton Ford has refused to charge my parents' C-Max Energi when it has been there for service.

Haha this thread makes me laugh. Here in Canada you're lucky if an electric certified dealer has one trained tech. He only works 9 to 5 Monday to Thursday. Have to make an appointment for everything, no matter how small. There are no charges outside you can just pull up to and leave your vehicle at and the one inside is often iced .

Haha this thread makes me laugh. Here in Canada you're lucky if an electric certified dealer has one trained tech. He only works 9 to 5 Monday to Thursday. Have to make an appointment for everything, no matter how small. There are no charges outside you can just pull up to and leave your vehicle at and the one inside is often iced .

As Murphy stated this should not be possible. To get certified a dealer is required to have multiple techs trained.

As Murphy stated this should not be possible. To get certified a dealer is required to have multiple techs trained.

It seems the requirements are flexible if the demand doesn't meet the cost. One dealer, after speaking with my CSM, made an appointment to look at my car. 5 minutes later they called me back "our trained tech quit." Another has me wait days or weeks because their trained tech was sick or had booked the day off.  The first dealer, almost two months later, is still listed as certified on ford.ca but never called me back to say they had got a new trained tech.

I had read these 'requirements' somewhere before buying my car.  The redundancy of two techs and the other requirements influenced my decision to buy this car.  In practice these 'requirements' do not apply to Ontario, Canada dealers.  Outside of Toronto anyway.

Edited by openair