Ford Fusion Energi Forum

My Ford Mobile Forum

robertlane

Thank you for adding this forum.

My MFM was giving me incorrect data last night and this morning. Saying it was in hybrid mode when it was sitting, turned off, in my garage. Then this morning saying it was charging with 0 miles charged so far when it should be fully charged after 8 hours. 

Anyone else getting funny results from MFM in the last 12 hours? Thanks.

Thank you for adding this forum.

My MFM was giving me incorrect data last night and this morning. Saying it was in hybrid mode when it was sitting, turned off, in my garage. Then this morning saying it was charging with 0 miles charged so far when it should be fully charged after 8 hours.

Anyone else getting funny results from MFM in the last 12 hours? Thanks.

The Focus Electric has been saying "failed to update" quite a bit the last few days.

I've been using MFM since August of 2013. It has worked great. But about 4 weeks ago when I would try to use it I keep getting SERVICE OR NETWORK ERROR IF THIS CONTINUES CALLVEHICLE TECHNOLOGY CENTER AT 1-800-392-3673.

I had been using the automatic sign-in.  For some reason the automatic sign-in didn't work and it asked for my password.  Well I couldn't remember it so I tried resetting it.  I got the same error message as above.  So it has been 3 weeks now since my first phone call to support and it still doesn't work.  I have called at lease 8 times and no one seems to know what the problem is.  All I get is they are still working on it and it has been sent up to someone higher and they will call you.  I still haven't gotten a call back in over 3 weeks and it still is not working.  I have tried deleting the mobile app and reinstalling and that hasn't helped.  I asked Ford to just reset the account and they said they can't do that.  I have also done a master reset of Sync.

Any help???

This happened to me last year and I called the toll free number a couple of times.  They opened a case for my issue and were very good about emailing or calling to say they were still working on it.  They would ask me to log in and let them know if the error still occurred.  

It was very frustrating that they couldn't fix it for months.  Then MFM had an upgrade and that fixed it for me.  Vehicle Technology apparently couldn't find the issue that caused the error.  I would call them again and keep a log.  I logged every call I made to them and whenever they called or emailed me to follow up.  I deleted all that once I upgraded my MFM.

• 1 month later...

Help.  I bought a 2013 used for Energi in December 2014.  The MyFord Mobile NEVER worked.  I was NEVER able to sync the My Ford Mobile to my car.  It failed every time I was supposed to get a message in the car.  I called the ford My Ford Mobile in January of 2015.  THEY ARE DOING NOTHING.  I am angry with Ford support, they are worthless.  8 months and they are still looking into this issue.  This is a known problem. 

I have seen people posting about this problem in 2014 but no one ever said they solved the problem. 

Does anyone have an answer here for me.  Has any one solved this problem.

I would love to use my mobile app! 

Any help would be appreciated PLEASE.

The only quick fix I know for MFM not working is to power cycle the data transceiver.  Disconnect the negative lead (closest to the rear of the car) of the 12 volt battery in the trunk for 2 minutes.  It can also be done by pulling the fuse but given the contortions required to get to the fuse, disconnecting the battery is way easier IMHO.

If that doesn't work send a private message to FordIVTteam because a dealer visit may be required.

Did you check AT&T's website to see if there is 2G Data coverage where you live?

Interesting that you should bring this up. I just looked at that coverage map and I know that there are places we've gone in rural MN that show no 2G coverage but we have still been able to use MFM to remote start the car in those areas. There are also areas that say they have 2G coverage but where MFM does not work because it has no signal...

Interesting that you should bring this up. I just looked at that coverage map and I know that there are places we've gone in rural MN that show no 2G coverage but we have still been able to use MFM to remote start the car in those areas. There are also areas that say they have 2G coverage but where MFM does not work because it has no signal...

I know there is a lot of guessing in those coverage maps. Any specific zip codes you can pass along?

I've been trying to get any information from the Ford reps about their plans. If they want to keep MFM going past the end of next year it seems that they either need to switch to 3G (I see the new Volt will have LTE) or maybe switch to Verizon 2G. The existing TCU is built by Continental but I haven't seen anything on their web site about a new Ford unit.

I first sent my request to FordService, after 10 days they said I needed to send the message to FordIVTteam instead. Don't know if I'll get a response or not.

I know there is a lot of guessing in those coverage maps. Any specific zip codes you can pass along?

I've been trying to get any information from the Ford reps about their plans. If they want to keep MFM going past the end of next year it seems that they either need to switch to 3G (I see the new Volt will have LTE) or maybe switch to Verizon 2G. The existing TCU is built by Continental but I haven't seen anything on their web site about a new Ford unit.

I first sent my request to FordService, after 10 days they said I needed to send the message to FordIVTteam instead. Don't know if I'll get a response or not.

Marshall, MN shows no 2G coverage. We were out there in July and had no issues remote starting the car from MFM. In parts of Brooklyn Center, MN (in the Twin Cities metro area) the car will not connect to MFM. I doubt that Ford will offer a hardware upgrade to all the cars. Nissan has said that the Leaf will cease to function when AT&T disables the 2G network. Nissan has put a notice on the window stickers for at least a couple model years to warn owners that their cars will not function once AT&T disables the 2G network & that Nissan is not responsible for AT&T's decision to do this. The new Kia Soul EV uses Verizon 3G or LTE, I'm not sure which...

Marshall, MN shows no 2G coverage. We were out there in July and had no issues remote starting the car from MFM. In parts of Brooklyn Center, MN (in the Twin Cities metro area) the car will not connect to MFM. I doubt that Ford will offer a hardware upgrade to all the cars. Nissan has said that the Leaf will cease to function when AT&T disables the 2G network. Nissan has put a notice on the window stickers for at least a couple model years to warn owners that their cars will not function once AT&T disables the 2G network & that Nissan is not responsible for AT&T's decision to do this. The new Kia Soul EV uses Verizon 3G or LTE, I'm not sure which...

What I find creepy is how vague Ford is. On the features list on the web page they said it's free for the first 5 years. Technically true since it will still be free even though it doesn't work. No mention of it not working past the end of 2016 even though AT&T announced this back in August of 2012, before the C-Max and Fusion Energis even started shipping. I wouldn't expect Ford to give out new TCU's, that's not their style. Discounts based on how much use you got out of the original TCU would be a good start.

I have a hard time making negative comments about MFM. It certainly has bugs & flaws, but it appears to be more advanced that what Chevy & Nissan offer their EV/PHEV drivers. I really think Ford got this one right...

Oh I wasnt making negative comments, but lets face it, our cars can do more if the MFM was updated with the features they can do.

negative comments would be like bug fixes and the lack of an update with features ;)