Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Ordered Air and Cabin air filters from Walmart!

Neil

I couldn't find any auto part stores in my area that had the Energi's engine Air Filter and Cabin Air Filter in sock.  I could find them online at a good price, but shipping usually ruined the good price.  However, I was able to order them from Walmart, with free 'ship to the store' which ended up saving some money.  

The engine air filter (Fram, CA11482)) was about $10 and the cabin air filter (Motorcraft, FP71)  was about $18.  5 minutes to install the engine Air Filter  and 10 minutes to install the Cabin Air Filter (and lose one of the screws of course).  

Although I rarely use the Climate Control system (the downside of being a Hyper-miler) I was amazed at how dirty the cabin air filter was.  Even had a cicada wing in it.  I have 46k miles on it, so the change was well overdue.   

• 4 years later...

Didn't want to make a new thread about it, but whoever designed the cabin access to the air filter should never touch one ever. Of every car I have owned, this has to be the most overly complicated one to open, especially with the way they placed the bottom left bolt. But of course they wanted to make it hard so people would go to the dealer and have it changed instead.

That is all lol :)

Good timing on updating this thread.  I just changed my cabin air filter on my 17 Energi.  Wow, talk about ridiculous.  And yes, the placement of the screw on the bottom left is outrageous.  Definitely a dealer item for most people.  I had to use a socket wrench with one of those swivels on it unless I wanted to completely lay down and put my back in a bad position.