Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Energi just updated, relays click but no charge

Neo_rules

I just got my Fusion back from having a software update (check engine and wrench came on). The dealer said it was the battery (12v) BECM needed an update.

They said they updated all the modules.

Just got home and plugged it in. The ring rotates, the relays click and nada. No ring light and no charging.

My car emails me and says "car scheduled charge has not begun"

Changed it to value charge and back, unplugged closed the door and started normally, shut down and plugged it in.

Same symptoms. Ring circles, relays click and nothing. Few minutes later text about scheduled charge.

Any suggestions before i slug back to the dealer?

I just got my Fusion back from having a software update (check engine and wrench came on). The dealer said it was the battery (12v) BECM needed an update.

They said they updated all the modules.

Just got home and plugged it in. The ring rotates, the relays click and nada. No ring light and no charging.

My car emails me and says "car scheduled charge has not begun"

Changed it to value charge and back, unplugged closed the door and started normally, shut down and plugged it in.

Same symptoms. Ring circles, relays click and nothing. Few minutes later text about scheduled charge.

Remove the negative battery terminal for about a minute and reconnect it.  That'll essentially "reboot" the car.  If that fails, off to the dealer it goes.

Did you change it from the app or from the car?  Make sure you do it from the car or check in the car to see if MFM made the change.  Sometimes MFM will say there is no value charge when in fact the car still has it showing as value.

Thanks for all the tips. I found the problem.

We put a Kill a Watt meter inline to measure the watt hours taken from the wall.

It was made in China. Needless to say it melted and finally died when I got home from the dealer.

Don't know how to post pictures but the outlet, charger plug and stupid meter are all burnt and I dodged the house burning bullet.

Even though nothing has changed since yesterday except the car got worked on I assumed it was the car. Read a few more posts and went and checked the charger in the garage.

Thanks JC

post-2231-0-86604100-1469188816_thumb.jpg

post-2231-0-87600700-1469188826_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neo_rules