Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Extra 120-volt Convenience Charger cable?

shaggy314

So I thought I'd play a round of stump-the-parts-guy...

I inquired what an extra 120-volt convenience charger cable would run, should I want to leave one on the wall at home and actually travel with another...

After about 45 minutes of searching (it was NOT easy to find), he found FM5Z10B689A ordered from Ford would run me (he estimates) $492 + tax. :runaway:  OUCH.

So, be careful with yours. Anyone else in the know able to see if there is a better way to get one, you know like as an accessory or third party? Someday I may get the 240 one, but was hoping to get buy on the 120 one.

Very interested in this.

Would obviously like to "Permanently" mount one in the garage, and have one in the trunk to have just in case someone lets me take from their grid.

Don't most forums try to organize group buys?? We might be able to pull together the big buying power of 2 or 3 people... :hysterical:

$500 actually does not sount too bad from what I am seeing.  Looking at L2 charger, and that runs aobut $750 for the Leviton EVB22-3PM Evr-Green 160 Home Charging Station, 3.8kW output, Level 2.

The Leviton EVC11-300 Evr-Green Portable Charger, Level 1 runs $650 on amazon.

I think it is even more if you go the bestbuy route, where the same L2 charger will run you $1,000.  Of course my garage is not set up for 240v power so I will have to add the cost of that into the equation too...

Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas...

Actually, I went and priced the Leviton on Amazon and with the install kit, it's around $850. I add an electrician to run a 240 to that side of the garage, say $200. Still FAR under the Ford/Best Buy price. Also the city I live in has a 50% rebate on installs of L2 chargers, so DONE.

Now I heard there was a 30% federal credit too... /offtosearchthegoogle

Edited by shaggy314

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Took delivery of my Fusion Energi on March 16th and on March 28th, the charger stopped working. I guess if they are going to fail, as with most electronic items, it will happen within a month or two. Got a replacement the next day and all is well. I too looked into buying a second 120v charger but when I saw the price of $495.00 to $1980.00 (Ford Parts web site) I went 220V. Still have a problem with "value charge" not working, but will get that fixed at first service. I know...Battery must be > 50 degrees F and more than 10% life left in the battery for value charge to work, but it doesn't. Defualt profile is set correctly and I have changed it a few times to see if that made a difference but, no

Update: Value Charge is now working. See post under "Battery and Charging" for solution..

Edited by bibolton

• 2 weeks later...
This is the cheapest I've been able to find so far, about $100 off list price at Tascaparts.com

Item Description      GFCI INTEGRATED CORD
Part #: FM5Z10B706A
Price  (MSRP) Price Per Item  $510.23    
Price Per Item $408.18

Also,

At Fordonlineparts.com:

GFCI INTEGRATED CORD  recycle.png
Make: Ford  | Part#: FM5Z10B706A
List Price: $510.23
Your Price: $420.94

Edited by Energized

• 3 months later...