Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Charging Door issue

jsamp

I've been having an occasional problem with my charging door the last month or so.  Sometimes when I close it, it seems to over-rotate and close about 5° past the correct position.  Often it is when I close it really fast, but sometimes even a normal close does it.  The problem is it sticks in this poisition... you can't press it, you can only get it open by prying with your finger nail.  Anyone seen this before?

DSC02353.JPG

The gear on the post that the door rotates on likely has some broken teeth - it's just plastic. If the car is still under the 100,000 mile/8(?) year warranty for EV-specific parts, the dealership should replace at no cost. The doors come unpainted so it'll have to go to a body shop to be painted. 

• 2 months later...

Well now I've lost my charging door.  It never was held on very well and often came off in my hand.  It looked like it was supposed to have a plastic catch on it, but it either broke off or never had it.  Anyway I forgot to close the charging door and drove with it hanging out.  Got to my destination and it was gone.  Looks like they are available online for ~$35, but then you have to paint it to match.  For now it's not raining, so I'm driving until I can get one ordered.