Ford Fusion Energi Forum

So many issues

c3l144r13l

I have been having issues with my 2013 Ford Fusion Energi since i got it back in 2020.

I have taken it in several times to the mechanics and the service center at my local ford dealer.

Issues I've experienced: Being in park and my car rolling backwards twice, all dash lights coming on at the same time while I am driving and my power steering goes out (This used to happen once every other month or so but now is happening several times a week and sometimes 2-5 times in a row), e-brake fault light, passenger side airbag fault light, tire pressure fault light, and many more. I have had my transmission replaced, two new batteries, and 1 new lithium battery.

HELP! I am being told I would need to leave my car at the dealership show indefinitely so that the mechanics can try to document the issues if they happen. I cannot afford a rental for who even knows how long it would take. I know, I know, trade it in but I am trying to see if there is any way out of the remainder of my loan because so obviously I have a lemon on my hands.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated!

Sorry to hear of your woes.  You definitely seem to have a lemon on your hands. 

The shifting issue (being in park but rolling) is likely the recall on the transmission shift cable bushing. has that been fixed on your car yet?  Many of the other items sound like moisture got into the electronics and created a corrosion issue.  Lots of fault lights and strange behavior indicate an electronics issue, rather than all the mechanical parts going bad at the same time.  That doesn't help your situation any, as the problem(s) cause the car to be unusable.  The only good news is if it is happening that often, the dealer won't have to have it long to start seeing the issues pop up.

I wish you well, but getting rid of the turd seems to be your only good option.