Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Spartyof83

I experimented with mine last night. It was 630 and I told it the go time was 730 and to have it at 72 degrees. My garage said it was 56. I went out several times between 700-730 and the L2 charger said it was charging but no fan noise and the car never warmed up. I then deleted that one and the charging stopped from the L2 charger. I created another go time for 1.5 hours out. I set this one to 85. Again the L2 charger said it was charging but no fan noise and the car never warmed up. I then tried 65 but same results. This was all through the MyFord site and I know the times synced because the notifications said it did. Tonight I will try setting the go times in the car but I am pretty sure I will get the same results. I will than call my dealer and let them figure it out. I am guessing it will be the same software problem Spartyof83 had. The problem will be getting my dealer on board. HAHA Oh and my car has a date of 06.02.2013.

Edited by cwiley2566

Thanks Sparty.  It didn't seem like it was working.

Cwiley, my build date is back in February, so we cannot even correlate our build dates for Ford.  It definitely seems like a software problem, but there isn't a pattern for our builds.

I set my "go times" with the website, the app, and internally in the car and it doesn't make a bit of difference.  I think at one point it might have worked because I remember about a month ago, I'd get in the car in the morning and the a/c light was illuminated.  I know I didn't have the a/c on when I parked the car.

Steve

Tim, the supervisor, told me to pull the fuse and my go times will start working.  That did not work so I called them back and told them it did not work and then told them someone here said it was a software problem.  Still waiting to hear back--this has been going on since August now with no resolution.

When it was 100 degrees outside in August it was very noticeable that Go times were not working.

Edited by dlb92

My wife drives a 2013 CMAX Energi. We bought it in November 2012. The Go Times did not function correctly when it was first purchased but Ford updated the code a few months later and they ware working great. I am not noticing the point that was made that a Ford engineer states the heater will only heat ambient no more than 15 degrees. This is not my experience. My wife's car is quite warm after 20 minutes of heating with ambient at or below 30 degrees.

My Fusion Energi is another story. The Go Times worked once. what happens now is the GE Wattstation turns on and powers the Fusion around 15 minutes prior to the set Go Time but the car does not power on. I have master reset Sync and removed and reinstalled the MyFordMobile app. neither made a difference.

Yesterday, Barbie, at the Ford call center admitted this is a known issue with the Fusion Energi's and to try removing fuse #10 in the passenger compartment. I cant figure out how to remove the plastic dash panel to get better access to the fuse box to pull the fuse. Any insight anyone can provide on how to remove that panel would be greatly appreciated.

I see below that others have tried removing the fuse to no avail.

Both my Fusion (when it worked) and the CMAX illuminate the parking lights when the Go Time is active. The interior dash panels to the right and left of the steering wheel also illumiate.

WHat I find frustrating is the level of education I have to do when speaking with the Ford call center. They take up to five days to get back to you when you call with an issue. The call back I got was a call to "educate" me on how Go TImes work. I had to politely, as possible, point out that I know how they work because I have a CMAX ENergi that works perfectly and my Fusion does not. I feel sorry for folks that only have a Fusion Energi and are unfamilar with how things should work and may get misinformation from the Ford call center.

Edited by cgrieco

I've noticed that my go times do not have any lights or screens on at all... just the charge ring and that seems to be arbitrary.  Remote starting is a different story - that illuminates the left instrument cluster screen with the "press brake and then start" message, parking lights are all on, and the charge ring is on.  The only indication I have that my Go Time is doing anything is the charge indicator on my Leviton is on, and if I approach the car, depending on the ambient temperature, I may hear the fans whirring very quietly or more noisily.  Sometimes the car doesn't seem to be where it's supposed to be at my departure time, but for the most part, it's substantially warmer inside the cabin than it is outside.

Interesting that your go times illuminate all of that stuff just like a remote start.  My car was built May 8th.  For the most part, my Go Times activate (had one missed one on Monday... no idea why.  Didn't skip it...), but the cabin temperature seems to vary quite a bit, and I default it to 72 degrees.

Russael,

What you describe is what my Fusion is doing now- just the light ring illuminates with power being drawn from the charger.  For the cabin temperature to change you should hear a fan running inside the car. When it worked, as I mentioned, the parking lights turn on- as they do with my wife's CMAX. The fan is quite noticable. WIth the charge ring being the only thing illuminating, the Go Time is not functioning completely. What I think is weird, is what is drawing and using power during this time if the only thing being lit is the charge ring?

Agreed on remote starting. That is how I am getting the car warmed up in the morning. Though I am not able to have the remote start function 100% of the time using the IOS app.

Christian

Edited by cgrieco

I believe the car wakes up periodically to determine when to initiate preconditioning for GO times.  I have observed preconditioning to start up to 1 hour before the GO time when it is cold.  If it is warmer, it begins about 15 minutes before the GO time.  When it wakes up, it draws about 60 watts of power from the charger to power on the board electronics for the battery control module as well as charging the 12 V battery.  If it decides that there is nothing to do at the moment (it is not cold enough to start preconditioning yet), it probably just goes back to sleep and tries again later.  Apparently, the car has decided that it does not need to do anything at the moment to precondition the car for some reason?

Edited by larryh

I just joined this forum mainly to try to resolve the GO times issue.   I can remote start, remote lock and unlock, set GO times, etc.  -- BUT, nothing ever happens at the appointed time, that is, no heat, no indication of fans, nothing.   Yes, it is plugged in.   Yes, I set the ambient temp.  Yes, I tried setting climate control to AUTO.   Yes, it is cold in my garage.   Yes, I called Ford for help and the dealership and they all act awestruck and dumbfounded.    

I performed a Master reset, nothing.    I disconnected the HVB and the 12V battery for 1 hour, reconnected, tried GO time, .... nothing.

After a master reset and hard reset, I checked to see if I needed to update the software using the Sync website and it indicated the software was up to date.   

Mine was built on 08.02.2013 and it had the software that wouldn't work. The dealer was puzzled that no one could get the go times to work but once the Ford Engineer determined it was software related, they fixed it and as of today, it seemingly is working fine. 

Did the dealership indicate that you could have updated the software yourself?   It would be great if the fix was simpler than taking it to the dealership.  

I think they fixed it. The car was still in the middle of charging and while I was sitting in it I used the app to set a go time for 15 minutes later. As soon as the time synced to the car the fans turned on and eventually the air got warm. The notes say they performed TSB 13-05-28 REPROGRAM FCIM TO LATEST CALIBRATION. We'll see what happens at the normally scheduled time tomorrow.

I think they fixed it. The car was still in the middle of charging and while I was sitting in it I used the app to set a go time for 15 minutes later. As soon as the time synced to the car the fans turned on and eventually the air got warm. The notes say they performed TSB 13-05-28 REPROGRAM FCIM TO LATEST CALIBRATION. We'll see what happens at the normally scheduled time tomorrow.

This is great news! Thanks for taking the time at the dealer to find your solution. I am going to email my dealer and see what they say about this. THANKS!

A level 2 charger is needed for go times to work, from my understanding.

Not true.  I have the factory charging cable and my go times work every morning.  It was about 36 degrees at my house this morning and I have mine set to 65.  It wasn't 65 but it sure wasn't 36 in the car.  Much closer to 65 and the fan was running as always.  And you do not have to have climate control turned on either.

Not true.  I have the factory charging cable and my go times work every morning.  It was about 36 degrees at my house this morning and I have mine set to 65.  It wasn't 65 but it sure wasn't 36 in the car.  Much closer to 65 and the fan was running as always.  And you do not have to have climate control turned on either.

I stand corrected.  How much of your battery gets consumed with your level1 charger with you Go Times when you enable climate control?

Looks like that TSB is related to remote start instead of GO time, but maybe there was a similar bug in both that was fixed in the TSB... anyway, for those interested I posted that TSB in the repository thread.

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1248-collection-of-tsbs-related-to-energi/?p=9574

I stand corrected.  How much of your battery gets consumed with your level1 charger with you Go Times when you enable climate control?

Your question isn't totally clear, but 100 yards down the street my EV miles to go was 17.  Clearly the temp had a lot of do with that since I drove 70 miles on the ICE and by noon that number had magically jumped to 21.  I'm pretty sure that the ambient temp is as guilty as the go times in terms of impact to the EV miles available.

I just heard from the Dealer and it sounds like they completed the same TSB as edwarj3. He said they contacted Ford they said to update the FCIM to the latest version. I was explaining what you guys had seen and the customer service rep was really nice (Hi, if you are reading this HAHA) and wanted to check out this forum to see if it sounded like they did the same thing. I believe the fix is to update the FCIM to the latest version and that happens to be the fix for that TSB. Which would in turn fix the problem. I will give it a try when I get home. Feeling confident though. 

Edited by cwiley2566