Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Gigi and Effie

Gigi

When I'm on this forum and someone refers to an FFE, I assume that means a Ford Fusion Energi.  Besides being an FFE owner, I also have one of the other FFEs, Ford Focus Electric, that is.  It's probably too late for this, but I wish we had two different abbreviations that distinguished between the two cars.  If you see me referring to FFEnergi and FFElectric, it's not that I don't like the FFE abbreviation, it's just that in my situation things are a little more complicated. 

My wife solved the problem for our household.  The Energi is "Gigi" and the Electric is "Effie."  She hasn't named any of our last seven cars, not since we were in college nearly 40 years ago.  I take that to mean that she's really pleased with these two. :)

I too didn't know what "FFE" stood for at first. But then I also didn't know what "ICE" (internal combustion engine) was when I started on the Prius forum a few years ago. Maybe there should be a dictionary of acronyms? 

By the way, how do you like your Ford Fusion EV (electric)? I heard that they cannot be found on any Ford dealer lots any more - at least not here in the Phoenix area. Such a shame that Ford (and other automobile manufacturers) don't fully embrace EVs and plugin hybrids. We are already at least 30 years behind where we should be. And my smug ICE friends look down their noses at my car. 

By the way, how do you like your Ford Fusion Focus EV (electric)? I heard that they cannot be found on any Ford dealer lots any more - at least not here in the Phoenix area.

You see, it is confusing!

I really like the Ford Focus Electric.  Driving in EV mode in the Fusion was so smooth and pleasurable, I wanted to ditch the ICE altogether.  The Fusion is a smoother and quieter riding car than the Focus and it has a few more features.  The Focus has sportier handling and a firmer ride, but without riding as rough as the C-Max.  I like that the controls are so similar between the two cars.  It makes it easy to trade cars back and forth with my wife depending on what kind of trip each of us has to make.

After doing the math, the deal on the Focus EV was too good to pass up.  I will nearly be able to make my lease payment on the Focus with what I am saving on the gasoline I was putting in my F-150.

As far as I was able to tell, there was only one dealer here in the Atlanta area that had Focus EVs on the lot.  They had four of them as of last weekend.  Now they are down to just two.  Of the the two cars I was choosing between, both came from other dealers, one from Texas and the other from Virginia.

I see Leafs all over the place around here.  I think that Ford has a good thing in the Focus EV and I wish they would produce and sell more of them.  They are a lot nicer to look at than the "froggy" looking Leafs.

Let'em keep looking.  ;)  When the gas prices shoot over 4 dollars a gallon and they start whining, you can look down your nose, push your glasses up a bit, give a smug little smile, and then casually mention that you haven't gassed up in x days.  Heh.

I was talking with a friend who said he had driven a Prius as a rental on a recent trip and that he wasn't impressed with the gas mileage he got, only 37mpg.  He asked what I was getting in the Energi.  When I told him 64, he was visibly surprised.  One of my goals in buying the FFEV, is to minimize the number of miles we drive on gasoline.  Once it is warm enough for my wife to drive the FFEV to work (without getting anxious about range) and for me to drive the FFEnergi to work where I can plug in, I'm looking to push our mpg in the Fusion out to 100+.

I was talking with a friend who said he had driven a Prius as a rental on a recent trip and that he wasn't impressed with the gas mileage he got, only 37mpg.  He asked what I was getting in the Energi.  When I told him 64, he was visibly surprised.  One of my goals in buying the FFEV, is to minimize the number of miles we drive on gasoline.  Once it is warm enough for my wife to drive the FFEV to work (without getting anxious about range) and for me to drive the FFEnergi to work where I can plug in, I'm looking to push our mpg in the Fusion out to 100+.

You can do better than that.  I was getting 150+ MPG over the summer. <Insert standard disclaimer about MPGe> I am able to charge at home and at work, so when I'm not running the climate control, I can just about make a full commute on electric.  Even with the severe cold weather, my MPG is only down to 120. 

I don't mind the froggy looking Leafs as much as I hate the cockroach-like Prius.  The Volt is revolting. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) The Fusion and Focus styling is, IMHO, far superior to most of the other competition with the exception of the $100K (ok, maybe $80K) Tesla. 

Edited by http