Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Here's Why Electric Cars Will Succeed: Owners Just Adore Them

meyersnole

I agree.

If I may quote myself from a post on an FFE forum:

At this point in ownership, I am in love with both cars and it would be hard for me to pick a favorite. Driving each car is pleasurable for different reasons: the FFElectric for sporty handling and a considerable electric range and the FFEnergi for a smooth, quiet ride and no range worries. Driving both is satisfying for the same reason, the economics of driving on electricity vs. gasoline. And even when the initial electric range on the FFEnergi runs out, its gas mileage as a hybrid is good. There are a few options on each car that, if they were available, could have made me happier, but all things considered, I am happier with purchasing these two cars than I have been in more than 40 years of buying cars.

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1771

While I love my Fusion Energi, I will never give up gas burning cars. I love the power, noise, smell, etc of gas burners. As a road/oval racer electric cars would only be a novelty, gas is where its at (for now).

But I am also smart enough to know that the money/emissions of burning gas does not need to happen while sitting in traffic and going on road trips. People that insist on driving huge trucks, alone, every day to go back and forth to work, getting 12-15mpg boggle my mind.

• 6 months later...