Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Transmission Service Bulletin

zsetley

Anyone else hear of a transmission service bulletin for the '14 FFE Energi? My husband's car was making a grinding noise when accelerating. It seemed to be coming from the passenger's side front, so I actually sort of thought it may be a wheel bearing. 

We took it to the dealer because it is still in warranty (35,000)  :dance:Service told us that there is a known service bulletin for it and it was in fact the transmission. So with a big gulp we asked if it was covered in warranty. Thankfully it is. He also said Ford may replace the tires too.  :headscratch: 

Sound familiar to anyone here? 

We bought the car in November and have had zero problems with it. On the day we drove it to the dealer I noticed the 100% charged battery indicated a maximum mileage of 12! It was in the lower 40s that day so I don't suspect it was because of cold weather. Can this be related? 

Thanks!

If they disconnect the battery (the 12v) it will reset the estimated range of your large battery, and that is standard procedure whenever they have work to do on it outside of routine maintenance.  Most of the updates they do to the car require it to be on, and it was likely they were also performance testing it (which requires them to floor it, etc).  The estimation will eventually return to normal after about a week of your regular commute with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen the TSB for the transmission, but I'll ask the dealership when I pick it up this week.

I just had to replace the transmission in my 2014,I'm just over 40k.

Luckily, it was covered by the power-train warranty AND the ESP, since the factory warranty is up.

I had the "grinding/vibration" noise on the drivers side, and the noise was noticeable between 45-55 Mph.

Excessively so on deceleration.

• 11 months later...

I have a 2014 Fusion Energi.  A couple of months ago I started to hear a noise when coasting or braking.  It was a very quiet friction sound.  I took it into the dealership and had a mechanic ride with me. My thought had been that it was the regenerative braking system, but the mechanic immediately said it was the transmission.  They kept it a couple of days before they let me know that Ford had told them not to try to fix it, but to sent the whole transmission to them and they sent a new one which was installed in my car.  It took a couple of weeks, but I now have a new transmission in a four year old car at no cost.