Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Order/Build Thread

pluggedin

I have been using every Friday from the understanding that allocation was Wednesday and scheduling was done Thursday. So Friday was letting the two prior business days 'stuff' to get settled as I did't know what time the activities were completed. It seems no public information was updated outside those two days so it didn't make sense to bother anyone, except Friday when you should know build dates, etc. After your car is built, then updates are outside of Ford so to speak, transit locations could change daily (or in case of one guy's Hybrid, not for 3 months).

All the above said, if you know different, I'm open.

I guess as a Ford Dealer I can see updates more often.  We have AM Allocation updates on Tuesday and Wednesday Mornings so we know what is getting pulled for building.  Plus "vehicle visibility" updates daily also.

But your right, as a consumer Friday is a good day to check. 

Looks like it was released from the Factory today!

Here's my info to be updated:

Model:  White Platinum Fusion Energi Ti, Full load

Date Ordered: Tues, 1/10/13

Promised Delivery time: N/A

VIN Available: 3FA6P0SU2DR254827 

Window Sticker Available: Yes

Scheduled Build Week: 2/18/13

Scheduled Build Date: 2/18/13

Actual Build Date: 2/19/13

Released from Factory for Shipping: 3/4/13

Rail car ID available: TBD

Estimated Delivery Date: TBD

Estimated Delivery Date: 

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: WA

Looks like it was released from the Factory today!

Here's my info to be updated:

Model:  White Platinum Fusion Energi Ti, Full load

Date Ordered: Tues, 1/10/13

Promised Delivery time: N/A

VIN Available: 3FA6P0SU2DR254827 

Window Sticker Available: Yes

Scheduled Build Week: 2/18/13

Scheduled Build Date: 2/18/13

Actual Build Date: 2/19/13

Released from Factory for Shipping: 3/4/13

Rail car ID available: TBD

Estimated Delivery Date: TBD

Estimated Delivery Date: 

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: WA

Wow, your on the move. I think I need to have a talk with my dealer :). I added you to the table. Let us know when you get it.

Wow, your on the move. I think I need to have a talk with my dealer :). I added you to the table. Let us know when you get it.

jberger, I hope you have better luck than I am having in getting my car on a rail car headed north out of Mexico. Mine was released for shipping on 2/14 and was still there very early yesterday morning. Could I get you to check on 3FA6P0SU2DR242421's status again today?

Edited by pluggedin

jberger, I hope you have better luck than I am having in getting my car on a rail car headed north out of Mexico. Mine was released for shipping on 2/14 and was still there very early yesterday morning. Could I get you to check on 3FA6P0SU2DR242421's status again today?

What was the Dealership again?  I can't into Vehicle Visibility for any vehicle other that ours.  I can run a locate though, and all that will show is in stock, in transit or in plant.

What was the Dealership again?  I can't into Vehicle Visibility for any vehicle other that ours.  I can run a locate though, and all that will show is in stock, in transit or in plant.

Yeah, thought of that earlier today and never got back here. It's Holmes Tuttle in Tucson and the order number is F71204. Really do appreciate your doing this.

Yeah, thought of that earlier today and never got back here. It's Holmes Tuttle in Tucson and the order number is F71204. Really do appreciate your doing this.

In plant still.  Probably parked next to mine and several others that have been "released".  

I would seriously just fly down there if they would let me pick it up.  My Rep told me there isn't anything anybody can do to hurry it up, with the exception of Ford Execs I'm sure.

In plant still.  Probably parked next to mine and several others that have been "released".  

I would seriously just fly down there if they would let me pick it up.  My Rep told me there isn't anything anybody can do to hurry it up, with the exception of Ford Execs I'm sure.

I'm almost getting to the point that I think Ford is not going to deliver the Energi until around April 1 and then do it in mass.

I thought about going down after my car too but I was not sure I would manage to get back here without being carjacked in Mexico, or killed, or both. It's not the Mexico I used to know and visit.

Thanks, again, for checking.

Edited by pluggedin

I have an ETA on mine as of this morning.  ETA 3/27.  It's all really meaningless until its on a rail car.  For me in Seattle, it takes 2 weeks from Mexico via rail, sometimes a little less.

Well, an ETA is progress and I would welcome one. But how do they know what ETA to give without it being loaded on a rail car? Or is it that they just don't provide you with that info?

I've had my VIN for over 2 weeks now and still no window sticker.  Is this normal?

On my order, I got my VIN and the build week was 4 weeks later.. wasn't able to see the window sticker until the Friday night before build week -- so that was 3½ weeks of checking for the window sticker regularly, and coming up empty.  Do you have a build week, and how close it is?  Probably just not close enough to the build to see it yet, as was the case with mine.

Well, my ETA came and went with no call and the search inventory still shows my car as "dealer ordered." I wonder if the ETA they gave me is a Ford Factory ETA or just one my salesman thought would be reasonable. I'd like to think that it was the snowstorm yesterday that delayed it, but not much hope in that. Bad part is my financier gave me the check last week. I wonder if they charge me interest if its not cashed until the car is delivered in June, lol.

On my order, I got my VIN and the build week was 4 weeks later.. wasn't able to see the window sticker until the Friday night before build week -- so that was 3½ weeks of checking for the window sticker regularly, and coming up empty.  Do you have a build week, and how close it is?  Probably just not close enough to the build to see it yet, as was the case with mine.

Good to know.  I guess I assumed the sticker was soon and the build date would be much later.  How do you guys find a build date without the window sticker?  I thought that info was on the window sticker.

Good to know.  I guess I assumed the sticker was soon and the build date would be much later.  How do you guys find a build date without the window sticker?  I thought that info was on the window sticker.

No, it's not on the window sticker, even though the How to Track Ford Factory Car Orders says it is. I was misled by that as well. The only way to find your build date is to check the ETIS once you have your VIN. The build date will show up there a few days after your car is built. Go here once you know your build week: http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do and click on the Vehicle tab, enter your VIN and click Search.

Edited by pluggedin

No, it's not on the window sticker, even though the How to Track Ford Factory Car Orders says it is. I was misled by that as well. The only way to find your build date is to check the ETIS once you have your VIN. The build date will show up there a few days after your car is built. Go here once you know your build week: http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do and click on the Vehicle tab, enter your VIN and click Search.

Thanks!  That info is very helpful.  Although strangely I'll have to double check my VIN's.  Both of them show up as 2002 Ford Transit Connects.  Weird.

Thanks! That info is very helpful. Although strangely I'll have to double check my VIN's. Both of them show up as 2002 Ford Transit Connects. Weird.
Couldn't tell you why, but all of them show as transits.

On another note, I pulled up my window sticker like I normally do every hour or so, lol, and notice a date on it in the line two under Hermosillo. Anyone know what that is? Mine reads 2-15-13, but etis shows my build date of 2-9-13. Shouldn't have taken 6 days to get through. I swear that date was not always on there.

Edited by Scooter80

On another note, I pulled up my window sticker like I normally do every hour or so, lol, and notice a date on it in the line two under Hermosillo. Anyone know what that is? Mine reads 2-15-13, but etis shows my build date of 2-9-13. Shouldn't have taken 6 days to get through. I swear that date was not always on there.

Well on all of the past window stickers I've pulled up (100, 200, who knows) that date was normally a few days to about a week before the actual build.  On my order that window sticker date was 11/30/12 when I had a build week of Dec-4, and then my build got slipped a week for whatever reason and that date on the window sticker changed to 12/5/12... and the build actually was done on 12/11/12.  So I have thought in the past that this was a date used to get whatever scheduling/parts/etc into sync for the build, however your VIN (and one other Energi VIN that I saw) had this reversed and would thus nullify my idea about getting the ducks in a row before the build.  So who knows why the dates are reversed like that, however I bet that the Etis date is correct on the build and hopefully you will see movement toward the dealer soon, that's another mystery on how that all plays out on what gets on the train and when.

Yeah, I just played around (since i cant play the new simcity because of broken servers. Yes, I'm a nerd) on the search inventory website, plopping in zip codes from around the country. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how things get done. LOTS of Energi Ti's show in stock on dealer lots with VIN sequences much higher than mine. I only found one with the date on the sticker as anything but 2-15-13 like mine has. I'd looooove to talk with Ford logistics and see how this all works. Again. I'm a nerd. Logistics interests me. Lol

Strange that they show up as 2002 Transits but mine also shows a 30-11-0002 build date. Unless 0002 means 2012 that seems like it has a 2002 build date. I'm all messed up.

It would be better, I think, if nothing were showing there because I too kept wondering what it all meant. But then my build date appeared and those questions all went away and were replaced by joy. And then there are those who follow...

Edited by pluggedin