Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Order/Build Thread

pluggedin

Let me know whether or not your dealer will honor your $750 incentive coupon.

I have a print-out of a Ford Motor Credit screen, labelled a "Deal Review", which the dealer had me sign (as did he). It shows a $750 down payment, which is the coupon. They looked it up in Vincent without my asking, and the GM told me about it like it was a big surprise, an unexpected gift from Ford; too bad for the surprise, I had the physical coupon in my folder and showed it to him.

BTW, I have learned that people like me who walk into car dealers with a folder full of papers are called "paper boys". Guilty as charged.

The Deal Review also lists the VIN of car #2, and shows $0 trade-in, so it has to be updated. I will let you know if the $750 down payment is still there after the update, but I am optimistic.

I have a print-out of a Ford Motor Credit screen, labelled a "Deal Review", which the dealer had me sign (as did he). It shows a $750 down payment, which is the coupon. They looked it up in Vincent without my asking, and the GM told me about it like it was a big surprise, an unexpected gift from Ford; too bad for the surprise, I had the physical coupon in my folder and showed it to him. BTW, I have learned that people like me who walk into car dealers with a folder full of papers are called "paper boys". Guilty as charged. The Deal Review also lists the VIN of car #2, and shows $0 trade-in, so it has to be updated. I will let you know if the $750 down payment is still there after the update, but I am optimistic.

Yes, they ran a Vincent on my car too but the $750 was not there.

BTW I posted an album in the Gallery of my charger install and few pictures of my car just after the window tint was installed.

The dealer swore there is no way to lock in a coupon even though I showed them posts, that I copied from here, where others were saying their dealers were locking in the incentive. Regardless, they would not honor the coupon. They gave me that song and dance about retail orders too until I pointed out to them that my name was never on the their order. That stopped that nonsense.

My $750 coupon and the $1500 are both listed as customer rebate on my contract. The 750 was good till march 30 and was applied to my special order which my dealer got approved from Ford. My dealer said as long as the contract is signed and dated before the coupon expiration you can use it. My contract was already submitted, so i also have a car payment due next month too. I got the car for $1,190 under Msrp, with the rebates it puts it under invoice. I was going to buy it with or without the rebates, so I count them free cash. I put $4k down and signed to trade in my civic. Edited by FusionEnergi

My $750 coupon and the $1500 are both listed as customer rebate on my contract. The 750 was good till march 30 and was applied to my special order which my dealer got approved from Ford. My dealer said as long as the contract is signed and dated before the coupon expiration you can use it. My contract was already submitted, so i also have a car payment due next month too. I got the car for $1,190 under Msrp, with the rebates it puts it under invoice. I was going to buy it with or without the rebates, so I count them free cash. I put $4k down and signed to trade in my civic.

My problem is I was way to far out in front on this car. When I ordered the car the order bank had only been open a day or two and hardly any dealers even knew there was a order sheet for the Ti Energi...much less incentives. So when I made my deal they were acting like I was buy a Mustang and were very proud of the Energi. Certainly, no incentives were written into my order because there were none.

And so it went on throughout the process of waiting, with my salesman being noncommittal about any incentives; saying he wasn't sure I could get them because I did not buy a car from stock and that is the verbiage on all of the coupons and incentives. I finally forced him into a corner two days before I took delivery and he finally assured me I would get any incentives that were still in force for the Energi. Unfortunately the $750 coupon that I had expired.

This is the very first car I ever ordered from scratch and the only Ford I have ever owned. So I must say I was not very informed about the process at the start. I learned a great deal, albeit too late, by being on this forum and those who are just joining this forum have a whole plethora of information that was not available to me when I ordered my car. I would certainly do many things differently, if I could start over.

I learned a great deal, albeit too late, by being on this forum and those who are just joining this forum have a whole plethora of information that was not available to me when I ordered my car. I would certainly do many things differently, if I could start over.

Now is the time to put it behind you and enjoy your new car!

One of the fun things I have been doing lately is setting the trip computer in the morning and watching how many 1/100ths of gallons of gas I have burned going into my garage at the end of the day. Today, none... yesterday 3/100ths! This car is very cool.  I have driven over 500 miles, and about 430 something on electricity. I think I have burned less then 3 gallons of gas (my gauge is well over 3/4 full).

Thanks, now if I can just get the dealer the order was with to give my money back lol, the dealer I got the car from is a larger dealer and has a huge inventory of fusions but the goods only like 6 Hybrids plus the White EnTi they have coming in which is currently in transit is loaded as well will make some one a nice car, dealers in orlando.

Now is the time to put it behind you and enjoy your new car!

One of the fun things I have been doing lately is setting the trip computer in the morning and watching how many 1/100ths of gallons of gas I have burned going into my garage at the end of the day. Today, none... yesterday 3/100ths! This car is very cool.  I have driven over 500 miles, and about 430 something on electricity. I think I have burned less then 3 gallons of gas (my gauge is well over 3/4 full).

When I took delivery of my car we were about 40 miles from home and I noticed the dealer had not charged the car. They gave me a full tank of gas but did not charge the EV battery...I was not happy. So that meant we went home on the hybrid and only got (I say only) about 35-38 mpg. Now I am playing catch up on my lifetime mpge's. This dealer has not made taking delivery of my car a very pleasant experience.

BTW, I have learned that people like me who walk into car dealers with a folder full of papers are called "paper boys". Guilty as charged.

I ordered my SE Hybrid in October, then placed another order for Titanium Hybrid in November, price difference between the orders was $1,950.  Early January comes around and the SE Hybrid arrives at dealer and still no build date on order #2 and who knows when they will start (it finally got scheduled for 3/18 but then pushed to 4/15, so still not built and the SE Hybrid has 7k miles already)...so I said OK I'll revert to order #1 and did so.  While in the finance guy's office, he prints up the bill of sale and all of the numbers are for the order #2 car and $1,950 higher.  So I am also 'guilty as charged' of being a "paperboy" and said HOLD UP A SEC and whipped out purchase order #1 that we signed back in October, and he then had to 'go run it past the sales manager' to make sure it was OK.  Hello?  McFly?  Well he came back and did change the numbers. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it was just a simple mistake, but the lesson learned is that it's a good thing to be a "paperboy" and I definitely recommend it.

When I took delivery of my car we were about 40 miles from home and I noticed the dealer had not charged the car. They gave me a full tank of gas but did not charge the EV battery...I was not happy. So that meant we went home on the hybrid and only got (I say only) about 35-38 mpg. Now I am playing catch up on my lifetime mpge's. This dealer has not made taking delivery of my car a very pleasant experience.

My wife and I picked up the car and it had about 1/2 charge, but the dealer said we could leave it plugged in. So we went out to eat, and had a full charge by the time I drove it home.

I am pretty happy with my dealer... in fact that reminds me that I have to do the survey. Remember that you will be given the chance to comment on your experience. Given all the games your dealer was playing, I hope that you let them know.

My wife and I picked up the car and it had about 1/2 charge, but the dealer said we could leave it plugged in. So we went out to eat, and had a full charge by the time I drove it home.

I am pretty happy with my dealer... in fact that reminds me that I have to do the survey. Remember that you will be given the chance to comment on your experience. Given all the games your dealer was playing, I hope that you let them know.

You can bet I am going to give them an ear full on that survey.

My delivery problems were actually compounded by Ford because they only certified certain dealers to deliver battery powered and plug in vehicles. My dealer was not one of those selected, but will be certified later this year. One of the requirements for certification is they have to have two charging station located in the dealership.

So that meant I had to take delivery of my car at Holmes Tuttle Ford, which is about 40 miles from us, but my salesman drove us up there. As I stated, during the delivery process I commented that the battery was not charged and asked my salesman if the dealership had charging stations and he just shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't know. And never offered to find out.

Some of these problems occurred because it was a rushed delivery. I was not supposed to get the car until Wednesday some time but I got a call at around 2:30 on Tuesday from Terry, my salesman, wanting to know if I wanted to take delivery that afternoon. At first I hesitated because I knew we would not get to the dealership in Tucson until around 4:30 and the dealership would be closing at around 7 or 8 that night, but I wanted the car and said okay. I found out later that Terry wanted to deliver the car to me that night because he wanted the day off on Wednesday.

So it ended up just the way I expected it to. After we haggled over the expired incentive and got the pricing right on the paperwork, checked the car out and waited and hour for the finance guy to come available, it was well after 8 pm when we headed for home.

Edited by pluggedin

Though with my daily commute to my Dealership and back I never use the ICE, I also do not ever run in EV later.  I would rather just run out of battery and go into Hybrid mode.

Has anybody seen a difference/advantage with EV later?

My wife's commute home from work starts out on the expressway and ends with 12 or so miles of two-lane with lights, so I've instructed her to start using EV later on the ride home. I'm not sure that the car knows the routine yet though as she ends up with a bit of battery left when she gets home. We'll see if it gets better.

Hey if anyone on here wants to be included on the progress spreadsheet, the link is in my signature.

Just post what you want updated and I will be happy to do it for you.

Hey malibu, how about starting your own topic... might get a little better success rather then on page 13 of this thread.

If you want to add my vin, its 3fa6p0su2dr232908

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer called an my super-duper SE has arrived.  Going to check it out tomorrow night.  Unfortunately, my $750 coupon expired, and he's playing shady whether they can apply it. I'm going to be tough off on him and the finance guy, especially with what they are paying me for my trade-in.  I'm also planning to go in with a print-out of some extended warranty's from out of state to see if they'll match.  Wish me luck...

Just ordered tonight with X-plan.  Don't have VIN yet, but apparently orders are pulled on Thursdays, so I'm hoping my VIN is created tomorrow so I can fill in more fields below.  First Energi ordered from Framingham (MA) Ford.  Was quoted 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Model:  Ruby Red 2013 Fusion Energi SE w/Dune Leather (Moonroof, driver assist, adaptive cruise, park assist, reverse sense)
Date Ordered: Wednesday, 1/24/12
Promised Delivery time: 8-10 weeks
VIN Available: 3/22/13
Window Sticker Available: ?
Scheduled Build Week: ?
Scheduled Build Date: 4/1/13
Actual Build Date: 
Released from Factory for Shipping: ?
Rail car ID available: ?
Estimated Delivery Date: ?
Actual Delivery Date: 4/21/13
State: MA

Edited by rspray

Dealer called an my super-duper SE has arrived.  Going to check it out tomorrow night.  Unfortunately, my $750 coupon expired, and he's playing shady whether they can apply it. I'm going to be tough off on him and the finance guy, especially with what they are paying me for my trade-in.  I'm also planning to go in with a print-out of some extended warranty's from out of state to see if they'll match.  Wish me luck...

Uh-huh, same thing happened to me, as you may recall. The best I could do was get the dealer to split the $750 with me and I let Ford have it with both barrels on a survey they sent me. And I still think Ford should make their offer good.

Good luck bro, I'm happy your time has come.

Update on last week:

Tuesday: Went and checked it out, and it looked saweet. Dealer matched financing offer from Penfed, so I went with them so they could make a few dollars off me (I was X-plan and $1500 rebate).  Gave them a hard time that they wouldn't take my expired $750 coupon, but they told me to call customer care to see what could be done.  I got home to find my wife had received a brand new one, crisis averted.

Wednesday: Signed more papers with wife. During road test, Ford found a problem with a sensor in the rear bumper, so they needed a few days to get part/install.  I'm glad they found it and I didn't go into the front window of a business the first time I hit park assist.

Friday: Picked it up before 5PM! Some guy in a black Porsche Carrera was checking it out on my way home(inconspicuously, of course).

Only downside right now is my Blackberry 9930 cannot stay connected or work with Sync. Dealer couldn't figure it out, Microsoft couldn't figure it out over an hour phone call.  I'm checking with my IT to see if it is a BB security issue, as it is a company phone.

I'm absolutely loving getting around town in EV mode. Ruby Red is quite the looker in the bright sun, too.

Welcome to the Ruby Red Club rspray...wish I had your dune interior. But I'm lovin' this car, no matter what. I just filled up for the first time @ 1051 miles and 10.284 gallons or 102.2 MPGe. I'm sure I will do better than that next time as I did a lot more highway miles than normal on this tank.

Happy motoring Bud!