Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Fuel Filter?

Kgrover

What's the fuel filter change interval and where is the filter located?  I can't seem to find anything on it.  RockAuto doesn't even list a filter for the Energi and I can't find anything in the manual for it.  Someone tell me I'm not losing my mind and I'm just overlooking it.  

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O34127&countryCode=USA&languageCode=EN&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1526113&subTitleSelected=G1618148&topicHRef=G1618150&div=f&variantid=4041&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

I have a 2017 Energi.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yep, "lifetime" interval. The lifetime of which is when the filter becomes totally clogged and the engine stops running. Fortunately, hybrids and energi don't seem to have an issue. I'm at 131k now and intend to go to at least 200k, so I guess we'll see. Replacement of the pump/filter combo includes dropping the fuel tank, so that should be exciting.

• 4 years later...
On 2/23/2024 at 6:51 AM, jsamp said:

Read the first two posts on this thread above.  Your question is already answered.  Same car, same year as yours.

https://ford.oempartsonline.com/oem-parts/ford-fuel-pump-and-sender-assembly-eg9z9h307d

So the fuel filter is inside the fuel pump? It's very important information for me.
Edited by Ethan