Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Snapping/Popping Sound and Reboots

zach9824

I just purchased my 2019 Fusion Energi Titanium 1 week ago. Yesterday while driving I came to a red light and while stopped i heard a loud snap/pop sound and the sync screen went blank, radio had no sound and the car seemed to be rebooting itself. It appeared to be still running I was in EV mode and the battery was still about 1/3 full. I had hit the button to roll down the passenger side window as it was cool out and I wasn't running the AC. That is when it happened.

After about 15 seconds the Ford logo appeared on the screen and the radio started again but on a totally different station. I made it home and drove to work today without issue.

This afternoon I went to drive the car and when I started it within 10 seconds the same thing happened again. This time the climate control was running and I was just about to reverse the car out of the parking spot.

I immediately turned off the car and then a message popped up on the right hand screen behind the steering wheel that I had something like 10 seconds to start the car or the alarm would sound! The alarm sounded and I started the car to stop the alarm sounding. Now I am worried about driving the car home from work.

I called my dealer and the service tech that answered the phone says he never heard of anything like this but "i know it sucks but you have to wait for it to happen again, and then call back for an appointment." He explained I needed to describe exactly what, where and when this happened so they can trace it down. He admitted that problems like this are difficult and he can't reproduce it.

Has anyone here ever experienced or heard of anything like this? I love the car and I have only had it a week. I feel that the dealer should take the car back ASAP. I am worried about driving in such a high tech vehicle with electrical issues.

Thanks. 

• 3 years later...