Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Stuff for the car...

meyersnole

I have always used trunk liners but with the Fusion Energi I am concerned about causing possible over-heating problems by putting a thick rubber covering over the battery area. I live in a high-temperature part of the country. Is anyone else concerned that putting a thick rubber material over the battery/trunk area might cause problems? Thanks. 

I have always used trunk liners but with the Fusion Energi I am concerned about causing possible over-heating problems by putting a thick rubber covering over the battery area. I live in a high-temperature part of the country. Is anyone else concerned that putting a thick rubber material over the battery/trunk area might cause problems? Thanks. 

Not looking for something to cover the battery, I want something in the well. That whole area is power ventilated, I would doubt a mat in that well will cause any issues. Spilling something there would be of more concern.

Okay - my mats arrived today.  Below is a pic that shows the new ones on left, the original on the right.  Ordered form www.qualitycarmats.com

I went with the luxury berber, with a heel pad.  Oddly enough, I just received an email from them that they can now make a trunk carpet.  I'm trying to get pricing on that and will post once I do.  These look great - only drawback is that they can not stitch in the make or model name due to copyright issues.  I could have gon with "Titanium" or geeked out and gotten "H+H=He"...  :)

Edit: better pics

IMG 1461

IMG 1460

Edited by SD Diver

Well - I ordered the trunk mat today.  Instead of the more expensive berber that I got for the fronts, I went for basic black plush to save some $$$.  Here are the prices for the trunk:

plush = 60.00

Ultra plush = 64.95

stain resistant = 84.95

berber = 84.95

I'd recommend going to their website and requesting samples of the four different materials.  When I did this, the samples came with a discount code.  Not sure if the trunk mat yet shows on the website, since when I ordered my front, I ordered it as a regular 2013 fusion.  I ordered the trunk mat from Laura Clayton <laura@qualitycarmats.com>.  I'll post a pic when it arrives.

I definitely like that new driver's side mat.  I was quite surprised to see how small the one that comes with the car is when I first took delivery.

I agree.  The photo doesn't do it justice - the photo looks skewed because of the angle.  The passenger side mat is actually a little larger - not smaller as the pic shows.  I'll have to repost...

Edited by SD Diver

Okay - my mats arrived today.  Below is a pic that shows the new ones on top, the original on the bottom.  Ordered form www.qualitycarmats.com

I went with the luxury berber, with a heel pad.  Oddly enough, I just received an email from them that they can now make a trunk carpet.  I'm trying to get pricing on that and will post once I do.  These look great - only drawback is that they can not stitch in the make or model name due to copyright issues.  I could have gon with "Titanium" or geeked out and gotten "H+H=He"...  :)

Edit: better pics

Interesting, how does the driver side one fit? It looks significantly larger then the originals. My mat was also larger, but not by that much.

• 3 months later...

I got a DoD LS430W dashcam last week and have had a ball recording the crazy drivers on my commute: the lane weavers, folks driving on the shoulder, and other acts of idoicy. Haven't captured an accident yet, but I've only had the camera for a week. It sticks to the windshield right below the rear view mirror assembly housing and gets a great wide angle shot with HD clarity.  The camera is GPS enabled, so I get the Google map location on playback.  The camera itself is incredibly small and looks like a cheap piece of crap, but it sure does perform.

My wife thinks I'm a hopeless geek.

I got a DoD LS430W dashcam last week and have had a ball recording the crazy drivers on my commute: the lane weavers, folks driving on the shoulder, and other acts of idoicy. Haven't captured an accident yet, but I've only had the camera for a week. It sticks to the windshield right below the rear view mirror assembly housing and gets a great wide angle shot with HD clarity.  The camera is GPS enabled, so I get the Google map location on playback.  The camera itself is incredibly small and looks like a cheap piece of crap, but it sure does perform.

My wife thinks I'm a hopeless geek.

Does your wife do a daily commute like you?  Mine does not go anywhere up near DC and often tells me "I don't know how you put up with that crap every day"... I have considered getting the same thing due to so many idiots out there, so I know exactly the crazy drivers you mean.