Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2019 Fusion Energi added to my Ford family of EPA disasters.

Jboz233

Hey everyone,

Just bought a 2019 Energi, a bit outside my current mix of Fords. It's now going to be parked next to an 1987 Saleen mustang , 2010 Expedition limited, 2008 6.4 diesel (full delete) F350 and this energi just replaced my 2008 Crown Victoria P71.

This will be my daily driver, so I'm here looking to get insight about what everyone's experience is thus far. I'm an above average DIY'er as I built my Saleen from the ground up and have done all the work to the 6.4 diesel, all of which are EPA nightmares, I want longevity in them and as to why I "re-purposed " the emissions.

Feel like I'm giving back to the planet driving this now ?

Edited by Jboz233
Mistake

• 3 months later...

Welcome! You have a terrific car - bulletproof, amazingly efficient, and heck, you even got the bigger battery! (It’s a Elite club of 2019 and 2020 Fusion Energi owners).  And for the gearheads like you out there, just tell your friends that you have TWO motors to solve the locomotion problem, not just ONE - your two engines combined generate 259HP and 246 lb/ft of torque, that’s as much as my old Supercharged Buick Regal GS!  Only this car is much cooler as it drives by the gas pumps.

Dozer,

Not sure where you get the 259HP number, but the Energi is rated at 195HP in charge depletion mode and 188HP in charge sustain mode.

Methinks you are adding the HP rating of the engine (141HP) to the rating of the motor (118HP) to get 259, but the HV battery can't deliver the full 118 that the electric motor can deliver.  The battery is maxed out at 54HP which gives you 141+54 = 195HP