Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Dealership price bid email, suggestions?

Doug0716

Hello everyone,

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2015 FFET.  In an attempt to get the best price without wasting time haggling I plan on sending this form email out to many dealerships in my area, before I do I wanted to see if anybody here had any suggestions.  (Of course any quotes provided will be compared to the information on invoice/dealer holdbacks/ect I have already researched, if I have to go play hardball I will)

Hello,

I would like to provide your dealership with an opportunity to sell me my next vehicle.  Please make the most of this opportunity to bid as there is a lot of competition in the North Texas and Houston areas so provide your lowest price possible. Feel free to respond with any questions before submitting a bid. 

Format of the response should be (do not respond if you are not able to provide the exact vehicle requested):
**Do not modify any areas that are not underlined**
================================ START RESPONSE BELOW ================================
Dealership Name and City: __________________________________

Contact Name, Phone and Email: __________________________________

[Mark one with an X]
__ We have a vehicle matching this description below on order that is available and the expected (mark one)  [ ___ delivery or ___ manufacture start ] date is __/___/2014 and has an assigned VIN of ________________.
__ Yes, we are willing to place an order for the vehicle described below.

2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium (800A)
*Guard Metallic (HN)
*Ceramic Black interior (MW)
*Drivers Assist Package (90A)
*Heated/Cooled Front Seats (46B)
*Heated Steering Wheel (52A)
*Adaptive Cruise (53B)
*Navigation w/ Voice Recognition (60N)
*Rear Inflatable Seat Belts (67B)
**NO DEALERSHIP STICKERS/MARKETING ON THE BODY/PAINT OF THE VEHICLE!** (Rear license plate frame is encouraged)

This price quote is valid until ___/___/2014.  The vehicle price will be $______  before any factory discounts/rebates (which will vary depending on the order date and final delivery date) plus TT&L. The price provided includes all fees, such as the advertising fees, that are not actually TT&L by law.  The deposit amount to reserve/order the vehicle will be $____.

The vehicle will also include these benefits/features above and beyond the spec provided above:

(These details will most likely be irrelevant to pricing considerations!)

[Mark one]
___ No, we do not sell the visor
___ Yes, you will be able to purchase the matching visor with the garage door opener, from us for $___, The visor price quote is good until ___/___/2014 and is valid: (mark one)
             __ Regardless of if vehicle is purchased through us, installation is included if the vehicle and visor are both purchased through us.
             __ Regardless of if vehicle is purchased through us, no installation included.
             __ Only if vehicle is purchased through us, installation is included.
             __ Only if vehicle is purchased through us, no installation included.
             __ Other: ______________________________

[Mark one]

___ We do not offer overnight test drives or do not have a similiar vehicle available

___ We would like you to take an overnight test drive of this vehicle that has similiar features to what you are requesting:

(Describe car and options, a 2013+ Fusion with at least the drivers assist package, adaptive cruise and nav is ideal.  The drivetrain is not important as I am interested in getting comfortable with the interior/technology)

______________________________________________________________________

In relation to the rebate reservations detailed here: http://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/ld.html/#reservation

[Mark one]

___ Yes we are willing to file the funding reservation form upon an order being placed

___ No we are not willing to file funding reservation form and are aware that this will negatively affect our bid pricing

Additional miscellaneous notes about dealership and/or the vehicle quoted:

================================ END OF RESPONSE ================================

I am looking to purchase very soon but I would recommend providing the furthest out "valid until" date(s) as possible as you will probably not be given a chance to re-bid if your quote expires before I purchase.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your prompt response and possibly doing business with you in the near future.

Edit notes: Cleaned up the letter a bit.

Edited by Doug0716

There are three dealers in Austin that I bounced between to get my deal.

If you get the sunroof, it comes with a garage door opener. Not sure what a sunroof has to do with it, but I wanted one either way. It works as expected.

You can go through KBB.com to get the invoice prices for what you want. It isn't the ACTUAL cost to the dealer, but gets you close as you can expect. I paid a fixed $300 over invoice and the number they brought to me was the same as KBB+$300 (and an added fuel fee of $50). KBB includes the accessory cost and their invoice price.

Edited by shaggy314