Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Got My VIN/Build Week/Estimated Delivery Today

pluggedin

I got my VIN and build week (2/4) this afternoon, so here we go!! I posted my info under the Welcome Thread (see http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/499-orderbuild-thread/) so folks can follow my car being built and add their own when they get their green light. I hope you all get your info soon too.

I'm so excited, it's like I'm a kid at Christmas time!!

Edited by pluggedin

I got my VIN and build week (2/4) this afternoon, so here we go!! I posted my info under the Welcome Thread (see http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/499-orderbuild-thread/) so folks can follow my car being built and add their own when they get their green light. I hope you all get your info soon too.

How long from the date the dealer placed the order until you got this information? My dealer told me it might be 4-5 weeks before I know.

That's not an apples to oranges question, meyersnole. I placed my order in November and had many guesses at when the car would be produced. Since you placed your order on 1/21, your process will be different from mine.

However, in a week or two (because production has started) your salesman should be able to give you a tentative date when parts should be pulled for your car...mine were finally pulled on 1/18 and that is the key that leads to a build week an ETA and a VIN.

I have a really good salesman who doesn't BS me and the guy he calls, who places the orders for the dealership, has been pretty straight arrow too. You just have to stay on your sales guy to get you that information.

On the Blue Oval Forum I notice there are others who placed orders around the same time I did, and some even before me, that don't have build weeks or ETA's posted yet. My guess is that both are available to them but their salesmen are not letting them know what they are. They should make a call.

Edited by pluggedin

That makes sense, and my sales guy has been really good. I sent him an email the other day and got a noteback the next day with confirmation that the order had been placed. I don't want to be a pain, so I think I will give it a few weeks before I send another note asking about progress if he does not send me an email before then.

It is great having a place to figure this all out...  I am in the process of figuring out my charger now. Will probaly post some questions after I hear back from the local power company. They did have a program running where they will install and maintain a charger for you if you applied, but that ends in April of 2013 so I do not have high hopes they will install one for me. I applied anyway though just in case.

The charger is another thing we are out in front of the curve on. The dealers and technicians have not even seen one of these cars and all they seem to know is that they come in 110 and 220 volt configurations.

The only gripe I have so far is that my car is due to be here in about 7 weeks, or so, and they are not talking to me about the charger at all. My understanding is that Ford is contracted with Best Buy to do the install but since my dealer is not certified yet they have no information on it at all.

There is still plenty of time for everything to gel, but I do get a bit anxious.

Congratulations, Pluggedin!!!  We're all waiting for your reports.

ChuckJ

The charger is another thing we are out in front of the curve on. The dealers and technicians have not even seen one of these cars and all they seem to know is that they come in 110 and 220 volt configurations.

The only gripe I have so far is that my car is due to be here in about 7 weeks, or so, and they are not talking to me about the charger at all. My understanding is that Ford is contracted with Best Buy to do the install but since my dealer is not certified yet they have no information on it at all.

There is still plenty of time for everything to gel, but I do get a bit anxious.

So.. my dealer is certified and they still point you at bestbuy (the home of the overpriced charger).

I think I will start another topic on this in the other part of this forum (kinda burried here). You can find it here: http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/509-residential-charging-stations-now-what/

Edited by meyersnole

NICE!!!! Still waiting on mine, hope to hear soon. Were you Job 1 or 2? And what Priority did your order have?

I have never known that and never asked. All I have ever had was a computerized copy of the options for the car. The order that went to the factory had a different number on it than mine does. It may very well be that they entered the order as a dealer order, without my name on it, and that would probably make it a Job 1.

Edited by pluggedin

Nice that you noted the time -- you'd probably been checking every hour... congrats!

Yep, busted! I checked about 4 times a day after I got my VIN. I checked at about 6:30 am, on 1/31, and it was not there so when I checked at slightly after 8:00 am my heart skipped a beat when the program http://www.researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html began to spin and my cars window sticker popped up. Prior to that it just immediately showed the VIN was not in their system.

I figured that if the car has any chance of being built during the week of 2/4 that the sticker should show up by 1/31 or 2/1. I was hoping for sooner than that, of course. :happy feet:

Edited by pluggedin

I figured that if the car has any chance of being built during the week of 2/4 that the sticker should show up by 1/31 or 2/1. I was hoping for sooner than that, of course. :happy feet:

I've looked at a few dozen window stickers online of dealer stock, taken the 'lock-in' (my term) date on the bottom right of the window sticker and compare it to the actual build date in Etis.  99% of the time the actual build date is 2-10 days after that date on the sticker, and in most cases about 5-7 days after -- so one day next week should be your day... now I guess you will swtich over to burn up Etis to check for the build date.. good luck!

I've looked at a few dozen window stickers online of dealer stock, taken the 'lock-in' (my term) date on the bottom right of the window sticker and compare it to the actual build date in Etis.  99% of the time the actual build date is 2-10 days after that date on the sticker, and in most cases about 5-7 days after -- so one day next week should be your day... now I guess you will swtich over to burn up Etis to check for the build date.. good luck!

This is just too funny. You have looked at "a few dozen window stickers"...we are not so different, after all. Thanks for your analysis jeff_h, so I can move on to something else. :victory: