Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2019 Energi Titanium

gregory295

Bought the Energi last March of 22 when fuel prices started going thru the roof. Sold our F150 which we really liked and it got 25-27 mpg on the road for the Energi. Do some road trips with it and many local trips on electric. Currently averaging 72 mpg between electric/hybrid. I notice when starting out after charging the range varies from 23-27 miles on the screen. Curious if anyone knows why that is.

Also if anyone has a few pointers on how to maximize the electric range other then the obvious ones. Thank you.

Read through these forums... great advice abounds.

We call that range estimate the "guess-o-meter".  It uses past driving to guess at how many miles you will get out of the current charge.  If you've recently been driving 70MPH on electric, the estimate will be really low because high speeds burn electrons much faster.  If you've been doing all local low speed miles on EV with gentle braking and acceleration, it will read much higher.  It's merely a guess. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 10:04 AM, gregory295 said:

Bought the Energi last March of 22 when fuel prices started going thru the roof. Sold our F150 which we really liked and it got 25-27 mpg on the road for the Energi. Do some road trips with it and many local trips on electric. Currently averaging 72 mpg between electric/hybrid. I notice when starting out after charging the range varies from 23-27 miles on the screen. Curious if anyone knows why that is.

Also if anyone has a few pointers on how to maximize the electric range other then the obvious ones. Thank you.

The range will vary according to how you drive, brake, whether or not you are using the heat or air conditioning, and anything else that uses energy. It can give you guidance on one of the displays as to how you are braking and accelerating to conserve energy.

That’s part of what makes these cars fun to drive – it’s a challenge and you will get better at it as you go along.

Interestingly, once I got my snow tires off and got the “regular” tires put back on, my range increased 5 to 7 miles per charge. I now get around 32 pure battery miles, when it was averaging around 25 before. Odd, but I’m not complaining!

Edited by Dee
Typo