Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Got My VIN/Build Week/Estimated Delivery Today

pluggedin

I got my second window sticker today. Why would anyone need a second window sticker? Well, it's a story...

When I decided in January I was ready to order, my nearest dealer would not honor X-Plan pricing for a Fusion Energi. It took calling 3 more dealers before I found one who would, and then only for retail orders. So on February 6th I ordered the precise car I wanted -- Fusion Energi Titanium, ingot silver, moonroof, adaptive cruise, navigation, driver assist. With X-Plan, $105 over dealer invoice! On February 8th, cyberdman said it was "unscheduled clean".

But then the sales rep started to manage my expectations downwards. First he warned that I shouldn't expect the car until April. Then it was April or May, then May. Then he said May or June. I started to think that the dealer had more retail orders than they had allocations, and was trying to see how long I would wait.

And just then my nearest dealer called me and asked if I was still shopping for a Fusion Energi. Only under X-Plan, I said. Hold the phone, she said, and then came back and said the general manager had changed the policy, X-Plan was OK for Energis, and even for dealer stock.

So I found a car in their inventory with all the right options plus one extra -- parking assist -- that was already built and ready to ship. On March 1st I ordered my second Energi, also under X-Plan. On March 4th, cyberdman told me it was "awaiting shipment on ramp 54". And there it has stood. I just checked with @FordService and it is still on ramp 54 in Hermosillo.

I planned to cancel my original order as soon as I placed my second order, but when I got home I realized I didn't necessarily have to, I could just let it ride. And now the original retail order has been scheduled for production, has a window sticker posted, and the sales rep tells me it could be here by the end of April.

So there's a race on. Will the dealer-stock order get on a train and get here before the retail-order car gets built and shipped? Or will the dealer-stock car sit under the Mexican sun for a month? Stay tuned...

I love intrigue, as long as I'm not involved. It took me almost a month and a half to get my car out of hock in Mexico...I hope the one of yours that is built ships tomorrow.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif  I got a call from my salesman this afternoon who said as of 9 am this morning my car was on a train passing thru Tucson on its way to the Phoenix distribution center for delivery to me by next Monday or Tuesday, at the latest. I also confirmed that with @Fordservice who gave me an ETA of 3/26/13 mail.gif .

I'm no longer Jones'n for my car drop.gif Please update my file JD hi5.gif

Looks like we are going to get ours at the same time!  Mine just showed up at the rail yard for shipping to us!

Looks like we are going to get ours at the same time!  Mine just showed up at the rail yard for shipping to us!

Yes, it will be close. Mine arrived in "arrived at intermediate point-Phoenix, AZ-as of 4:33 pm MT. So you have a two hour advantage over me...not to mention I have no control over the car, especially once it hits the dealership, but you do :drool:.

Yes, it will be close. Mine arrived in "arrived at intermediate point-Phoenix, AZ-as of 4:33 pm MT. So you have a two hour advantage over me...not to mention I have no control over the car, especially once it hits the dealership, but you do :drool:.

Vehicle visibility that the dealer can access really isn't accurate I have found.  I have access to BNSF and it will give exact gps coordinates.  I just logged in, Ford Visibility states "Seattle", yet it is actually unloaded and ready for delivery to the our Dealership.

So it may be here today!

Vehicle visibility that the dealer can access really isn't accurate I have found.  I have access to BNSF and it will give exact gps coordinates.  I just logged in, Ford Visibility states "Seattle", yet it is actually unloaded and ready for delivery to the our Dealership.

So it may be here today!

Being able to get exact gps coordinates is just awesome. What a tool! It would appear you will get your car this week and that's great.

I was talking to my saleman about leasing terms a few moments ago and when I asked where my car was now, all he knew was it takes four or five days to get the car once it hits the ground in Phoenix. So it looks like next week for me and that fits in with the ETA.

Speaking of leases, how long of a lease do you recommend? A two year lease or three? What residual percentage? And any other advice you might have concerning a lease.

Being able to get exact gps coordinates is just awesome. What a tool! It would appear you will get your car this week and that's great.

I was talking to my saleman about leasing terms a few moments ago and when I asked where my car was now, all he knew was it takes four or five days to get the car once it hits the ground in Phoenix. So it looks like next week for me and that fits in with the ETA.

Speaking of leases, how long of a lease do you recommend? A two year lease or three? What residual percentage? And any other advice you might have concerning a lease.

I would just tailor the lease to best fit you.  For instance, I like to get a new car every 2 years, so I do 24 month leases.  I drive about 8-9k per year, so I do 10,500 mileage.

I highly recommend getting a 24 and 36 month lease figures, because Ford likes to push a certain term sometimes.  I have done leases on vehicle where the 3 year term is a higher payment than the 2 year term.

If you want some pure #'s feel free to message me, i can run the lease for you on my end to make sure you are getting a good deal.  Dealers can mark up the rate to make money too.

Forgive me if this is already posted elsewhere.

My build is also 3/18 (for delivery to MD)  and I  have pulled up the window sticker.

How do you find that it is/where it is on rail transport

many thanks

Wow, lots of places to check. There is a lot of information already posted on the Forums, we are talking about it a lot on http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52490-progress-on-orders-for-fusion-energi-and-hybrid-titanium/ (51 pages worth) but here is a good list of resources and how tos:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52708-useful-resources-for-those-joining-the-ford-family/?hl=tracking

Your vehicle is on the move.

1.    To track the railcar, call CSX at 1-800-235-2352

2.    When prompted for location or weight, press 1 or say "location".

3.    When prompted for the car initials, say "ETTX" or press 32-81-81-92.

4.    When prompted for the car number, say or press your 6 digit ETTX car number.

5.    When prompted for the next car, press ## or say "Done".

A recorded voice will tell you the last known arrival or depature location of your railcar.  Most times, it won't provide an ETA (and anyways, it's likely not an ETA related to your vehicle specifically).

Forgive me if this is already posted elsewhere.

My build is also 3/18 (for delivery to MD)  and I  have pulled up the window sticker.

How do you find that it is/where it is on rail transport

many thanks

I'd say you have a couple of steps to go before checking the rail. First, the car needs to be built (a mandatory step) and then it needs to find its way onto a rail car. Then you can use the steps outlined so nicely by Tayorjd above.

It was built yesterday (3/21)

The character between the two Ps is a zero, not an oh.

It was built yesterday (3/21)

The character between the two Ps is a zero, not an oh.

Typo on my part. But yes that is the dealer stock car that got built, but mine 3FA6P0SU3DR272365 didn't get built. Very next sequence number

The dealer stock is an SE and yours is a Titanium.  I wouldn't expect those to be on the same production line at the same time.

That same line at the plant makes a Fusion S, SE, Titanium, SE Hybrid, Titanium Hybrid, SE Energi, Titanium Energi, MKZ, MKZ Hybrid... 9 trims, one after the other in varying types.  Plus I think that plant also makes cars headed to Central and South America... so they are pretty agile these days.

I would just tailor the lease to best fit you.  For instance, I like to get a new car every 2 years, so I do 24 month leases.  I drive about 8-9k per year, so I do 10,500 mileage.

I highly recommend getting a 24 and 36 month lease figures, because Ford likes to push a certain term sometimes.  I have done leases on vehicle where the 3 year term is a higher payment than the 2 year term.

If you want some pure #'s feel free to message me, i can run the lease for you on my end to make sure you are getting a good deal.  Dealers can mark up the rate to make money too.

Hi jberger.

I sent you a private message.. I'm interested in figuring out what the best case lease would be.

Thanks,

APM

45]Your vehicle is on the move.

35]1. To track the railcar, call CSX at 1-800-235-2352

35]2. When prompted for location or weight, press 1 or say "location".

35]3. When prompted for the car initials, say "ETTX" or press 32-81-81-92.

35]4. When prompted for the car number, say or press your 6 digit ETTX car number.

35]5. When prompted for the next car, press ## or say "Done".

45]A recorded voice will tell you the last known arrival or depature location of your railcar. Most times, it won't provide an ETA (and anyways, it's likely not an ETA related to your vehicle specifically).

That is some great info, but it leaves one question.

What is ones Ettx and how would someone find this?

Thanks for sharing

Looks like mine is "In Transit". My Visibility Report says it is in Nogales, AZ on ETTX 710309, but it also says there is a delay "Mechanical Failure". So maybe that is a general delay slow many. A call to CSX 800 also says it in in AZ. I'll check again later tonight.
Looks like mine is behind yours by a bit Peter.