Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Gator

I have a 2015 Fusion Energi that I bought new. The car will not take a charge at home. I plugged it in overnight but zero charge. The indicator ring does not light up either. The lights on the charger do not indicate any problem. I disconnected the 12V battery to try and reset the system but that did not work. I was able to charge it at a ChargePoint station but the indicator ring still did not illuminate at ChargePoint. The home charger was replaced by Ford a few years ago on a recall for fire potential.

Before I purchase a new home charger, any suggestions on what the issue could be? Why does the indicator ring not work?

Thanks,

Steve

On 11/29/2021 at 3:47 PM, Gator said:

I have a 2015 Fusion Energi that I bought new. The car will not take a charge at home. I plugged it in overnight but zero charge. The indicator ring does not light up either. The lights on the charger do not indicate any problem. I disconnected the 12V battery to try and reset the system but that did not work. I was able to charge it at a ChargePoint station but the indicator ring still did not illuminate at ChargePoint. The home charger was replaced by Ford a few years ago on a recall for fire potential.

Before I purchase a new home charger, any suggestions on what the issue could be? Why does the indicator ring not work?

Thanks,

Steve

The indicator ring can be turned off in the center screen.

Is the car set to charge immediately when at home?

My car would not charge. I think the indicator ring may be a symptom. But I have not changed any settings for the indicator ring.

After charging to 50% with ChargePoint, my home charger is working again. And the indicator ring lights are back on as well. I am not sure what the difference was at ChargePoint but I will monitor the issue and hope it does not come back. Somehow, ChargePoint "reset" my system. ? 

Not charging again after working for two days. If I wiggle the wire into the charge plug, the lights on the indicator ring will flash but the car will not charge. I am taking the charge plug apart today to look for any loose wires. If that does not work, I will do the same for the indicator ring. Any other troubleshooting idea would be appreciated.