Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2015 Ford Fusion Energi upgrade from 3G to 4G

JBLT

Scheduled an appointment at the dealer to upgrade 2015 Ford Fusion Energi from 3G to 4G, on Feb 22, 2022.  Received the notification from my cell phone app My Ford Mobile.  Dealer does not know if my car has 3g or 4g, but offered the upgrade at $350 parts with free labor.   I'm hoping that the upgrade will allow me to use Ford Pass cell app and get real time charge level info.   Any suggestions?

A place for information and to discuss this is in this multi-page thread dedicated to the 4G modem replacement.

You are very lucky to get free labor, since that only applies to those who got the customer satisfaction letter, i.e., those who are within the free trial period (your are not).  Either lucky, or your dealer doesn't know these details (labor not covered by FoMoCo) and could come back with a labor charge.

If your use of the modem/app is strictly to monitor charge levels while charging (perhaps to limit charge to less than 100%), or for the 100%-charged alert, a poor-man's substitute is to see how much time it takes currently to add one percent charge (my car adds 1% charge every three minutes).  Then set your watch or phone for an alarm when your charge level should approximately be achieved.

• 2 weeks later...