Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Recall issued: 2019-2020 Fusion Energi - BECM Fire Risk

EnduroDad2k

From 1977-2007 I was a Master Certified Partsman. I bought my 2014 Fusion PHEV used in 19 about 70,000 first shock on battery charge was not 19 MPGe but learned new word battery degradation. Its a legal term tough baloney for battery capacity. I was still getting 10 -12 MPGe my all in was 52 mpg so I enjoy the car. Bamm check engine light came on. Reader showed PODAD cel balance took it dealer for new cord charger and Modem got screw on that and the dealer new exactly what there doing on WO no part number they had replace it work for 2 years till ATT shut down 3G anyways dealer says that will be $495 to look at car. I continue to watch Battery die I mean degradation further and further. I kinda thought there would be a recall I was both right and wrong the recall was limited to 2019-2020. As I mention work history I research HV battery Pack and BECM 2013-2017 or 18 were the same 7.4kw 2019-2020 went up to 9 kw both still had 84 cells and most important BEMC for 2013-2020 but the early cars were screwed. Then March 2024 driving home from work early afternoon I start at 430am going freeway speeds the RED triangle of death comes on thank god electric power steering  I was in the middle lane turn signal I pull over to side of freeway. I would have thought there had been a fire but no smoke but the time pulled over the chemical smell was terrible when I tried to re start no luck called  ERS for tow truck got car home. Attempted to file claim under comprehensive the basis of electric fire was turn down instantly  crank up my attempt the finally agree to tow vehicle to a ford dealer and get a profession exam dealer says no fire bad HV battery pack,  Climate module and interior heater coil. oh I almost forgot key fob battery was low thank god they advise me I also had open recall I door latches, shift cable, air bags brake light switch all simply item I decline the major repair forgot my other wallet with wads of cash I was 8,000 miles less than 2 years. They refuse to do any recall work saying car needs to be running. My adjuster did ask the all work be photograph they didn't. I ask for a copy of work order and estimate for battery replacement but was inform rudley that they had not been paid so I could not have copy that was my cue got care home ask again for WO and estimate for battery replacement again finally was email one. But still no estimate but in reading email say a price for Battery $10,389.16 plus tax and shop supplies. This not a quote or estimate at all.  Very sad customer service. Next day I get a ad to buy a new Ford hhhmmmm let me think................................. NOT Any one that has 2013-2020 let ford and dealer hear NTHSB also  keep a eye out for class action law suit