Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Car didn't update Daylight Savings Time

Go Times Daylight Savings Time Clock

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rexracer

Rexracer

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPortland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

Yeah, I vote we just get rid of Daylight 'savings' time al together. Along with voting on a TUESDAY...

?? Just vote by mail, do it at your leisure, its great...

Oh your not in Oregon, sorry. ;-)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   pioneer11

pioneer11

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 12 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • LocationOccupied Kingwood
  • Current Vehicle:Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

I have never had a vehicle that knew about DST so I have no reason to worry about it.  Heck, I remember the day when car clocks were inherently inaccurate.

• Hybridbear likes this

I traded in a 2012 Volt

#23 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 487 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:None

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:38 AM

I have never had a vehicle that knew about DST so I have no reason to worry about it.  Heck, I remember the day when car clocks were inherently inaccurate.

The only thing useful is when they recognize that you have crossed the border into a state that doesn't do DST, and adjust the clock. I think the Energi may do that.

#24 OFFLINE   meyersnole

meyersnole

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid Plug-In Titanium

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:45 PM

My 2006 Acura TL was aware and adjusted. Of course, when they changed the dates I had to get a NAV update to account for the change. 

White Platinum 2013 Titanium Fusion Hybrid Plug-In

296525.png

#25 OFFLINE   flyingcheesehead

flyingcheesehead

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 208 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationSE WI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

Its probably because some places do NOT do DST, i.e. Arizona. So its not an issue of "can it" (since at once time it was enabled) but a decision was made to NOT do it, figuring on a pro/con list.

When people through out "This is inexcusable" I sort of chuckle, I mean really? That's pretty strong language/feelings about something that takes 5-10 seconds to remedy, doesn't inhibit the use of the vehicle, and only occurs twice per year.

AZ and IN are a weak excuse for not doing it anywhere. Any device I've seen that does it automatically also has the option of turning it off, just in case you happen to live in AZ.

I say it's inexcusable because as an engineer I design for the user and this is just one item in a laundry list of shoddy design decisions in the MFT system. MFT's problems also stick out like a sore thumb compared to the amazingly well-engineered vehicle they're installed in! So many things on the FFE are done so well, but MFT has a lot of issues.

I also say it's inexcusable because they probably could have googled and found some code to do it that's already written. It can't have been that difficult to get right. 

It really doesn't have anything to do with the 15 seconds it takes to do it in the future - It's more about the fact that I sat in the car for 15 minutes trying to find a menu item I was sure was there somewhere before googling, finding out the pathetic truth, and muttering "YGBFSM". Especially since the lack of DST awareness means that you have to leave GPS time sync off for the majority of the year.

Rant off. ;)

#26 OFFLINE   lonzo71

lonzo71

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 278 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationDC metro
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:06 AM

I remember changing the time by a turning rod sticking out of the dash...no push buttons back then ;)

#27 OFFLINE   Rexracer

Rexracer

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 407 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:16 AM

I say it's inexcusable because as an engineer I design for the user and this is just one item in a laundry list of shoddy design decisions in the MFT system. MFT's problems also stick out like a sore thumb compared to the amazingly well-engineered vehicle they're installed in! So many things on the FFE are done so well, but MFT has a lot of issues.

Well this is part of a much bigger reason that MFT is going away and a completely new system is being developed.

And as an Engineer, when I chose this car I knew  MFT was a weak point, and accepted that fact. Compared to the complaints I have seen, its really not that bad. Even if that means having to spend 15 seconds adjusting the clock twice a year. ;-)

And I wasn't making excuses for the current state (not auto changing), just saying that there is likely some rational that we know nothing about.

#28 OFFLINE   meyersnole

meyersnole

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

Well this is part of a much bigger reason that MFT is going away and a completely new system is being developed.

And as an Engineer, when I chose this car I knew  MFT was a weak point, and accepted that fact. Compared to the complaints I have seen, its really not that bad. Even if that means having to spend 15 seconds adjusting the clock twice a year. ;-)

And I wasn't making excuses for the current state (not auto changing), just saying that there is likely some rational that we know nothing about.

With lots of experience in software development I can say pretty definitively say it is due to time and money. They didn't spend the time to to develop and they didn't want to support it.  

Only have to google tesla daylight savings to see even they had issues http://my.teslamotor...avings-time-bug but at least the car did the change (eventually).

At this point I would just like them to fix the known issues in MFT, but seeing that they have moved on to a new OS I have little hope seeing the car is a couple years old and still has problems that have not been addressed.  I really like Tesla's model here and hope that this new level of service starts to catch on to the rest of the manufacturers. Updates should just be pushed to the cars (if you want them).

• flyingcheesehead likes this

296525.png

#29 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 487 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:None

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

With lots of experience in software development I can say pretty definitively say it is due to time and money. They didn't spend the time to to develop and they didn't want to support it.  

Only have to google tesla daylight savings to see even they had issues http://my.teslamotor...avings-time-bug but at least the car did the change (eventually).

At this point I would just like them to fix the known issues in MFT, but seeing that they have moved on to a new OS I have little hope seeing the car is a couple years old and still has problems that have not been addressed.  I really like Tesla's model here and hope that this new level of service starts to catch on to the rest of the manufacturers. Updates should just be pushed to the cars (if you want them).

At this point I expect that Ford will only fix errors in the current Sync, not add features.

#30 OFFLINE   meyersnole

meyersnole

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

At this point I expect that Ford will only fix errors in the current Sync, not add features.

I am afraid it will only be by TSB and therefor only available if you complain about it (and you know about it). There are small issues like saving the state of stereo vs surround that have been around forever... 

Overall the Sync system is largely much better than my previous car. The only thing I really prefer on my old system is the NAV (this system drives me nuts) and wish I had physical buttons for the seat warmers -- also wish it wasn't so complicated to just have vents in the car (turn the compressor off).

Overall I like the system, even with its little faults. Too many positives to get too caught up in the nit picks.  

• chasm31110 and muzicman61 like this

296525.png

#31 OFFLINE   68mustangjim

68mustangjim

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGlendale Arizona
  • My Fusion's Year:2014

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:21 AM

Wow May 2019 still not no daylight saving. Cheap idea sync it to my NOTE 8 Phone.

#32 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Energi

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:27 AM

I'm so glad I live in Arizona and don't have to change my clocks.  Unfortunately I deal with people all over the united states so it's still a pain to have to figure out how many hours I'm ahead or behind another state.  I also work with a product that is time zone dependent.  Combined with the fact that Arizona is not an official Time Zone we have to remember when we are Mountain and when we are Pacific.  Technically we are always Mountain with no DST.  Still a big pain.

But hey, I don't have to run around changing clocks twice a year!   :happy feet:

641076.png

#33 OFFLINE   Davidoo

Davidoo

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPhoenix
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:35 PM

I think the better option would be to stay on DST all year.  We are already on it almost 8 months.  I too live in AZ and like that we don't change, but I wold prefer everyone else stay on DST so we remain on Pacific Time all year.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Go Times, Daylight Savings Time, Clock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·