Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sync Update?

murphy

From one of the posts on the hybrid forum:

For those of us with 2011 - 2013 MY FFH's there is no update, v3.7 is not for us.

Kim told me yesterday:

"I can confirm that V3.7 is not available for any 2011-2013 MyFord Touch equipped vehicles, which is why you're not seeing the option to update on your account. V3.7 is primarily designed to support new features (which are not available on the model years prior to 2014) as well as features in markets outside North America."

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9188-new-software-update-for-sync/?p=87632

It doesn't look like anything huge...

What’s included in this update?
EA5T-14D544-AC Gen2 - V3.7

ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Navigation:

• Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions
  • Mute button for SYNC Navigation prompts added to Navigation map screen
  • Estimated "Time of Arrival," instead of "Time to Destination" now shown on map screen

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete.

Be sure to keep your engine running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system.

If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.)

Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid shutting off the engine. The next time you start your vehicle, the AEIS will automatically reset to "On."

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. Once your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification stating "Installation complete."

I have seen several reports on the Hybrid forum that people have downloaded and installed Sync 3.7.  However when I check my Sync account it tells me that my car is up-to-date with version 3.6.2.

Has anyone with a 2013 Energi with Navigation found Sync 3.7 available in their Sync account?

Hi murphy, 

When V3.6.2 became available, the update was recommended for all vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch. V3.7 is a little different and is only intended for specific vehicles. Since I had your VIN from a previous conversation, I was able to confirm that V3.6.2 is the recommended software for your 2013 Energi. 

Kim

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think SYNC is related to the lifetime summary.  At least I was under the impression that SYNC more or less controls the right info display and the large MFT screen, but doesn't impact the left info display.

Also, I found out from elsewhere that the 3.7 update was pulled due to issues with the .zip file.  That explains why I could have sworn that I saw it a couple weeks back, but it wasn't there later when I had time and tried to download it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I know this thread is a bit old but what version is everyone on at this point? I have done two updates for the My SYNC from 3.6.2>3.7>3.8. Is there a higher version available? I was "up to date" after I did the 3.7 and by happenstance I found this other update. I did a cut and paste on the specifics of the two updates below. 

Changes with 3.7 

EA5T-14D544-AC

ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Navigation:

• Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions
  • Mute button for SYNC Navigation prompts added to Navigation map screen
  • Estimated "Time of Arrival," instead of "Time to Destination" now shown on map screen

Be sure to keep your engine running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system.

If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.)

Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid shutting off the engine. The next time you start your vehicle, the AEIS will automatically reset to "On."

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. Once your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification stating "Installation complete."

These are the changes to 3.8

EA5T-14D544-AD

ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Siri® Eyes Free*:

• Now iPhone users can use Siri® Eyes Free with SYNC® with MyFord Touch®. With simple voice commands, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® enables you to operate the iPhone and SYNC® together. Siri® Eyes Free can be activated by pressing and holding the voice button for at least 3 seconds.

Secure, simple phone pairing:

• Phone pairing is now easier.

Automatic reconnection:

• If your phone disconnects, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® will automatically reconnect it.

Easier entry of destinations for China:

• Now SYNC® with MyFord Touch® allows for easier entry of destinations.

*Feature requires compatible hardware.

Be sure to keep your engine running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC® system.

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC® will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. Once your system has been successfully updated, SYNC® will display a notification stating "Installation complete."

Nice to see ford has added support for siri, a feature of a mobile phone they claim doesn't even support something as simple as text messaging with sync, but has done nothing to fix the text messaging issues with Android phones and iphones.

GPS still doesn't account for day light savings and pulls the wrong time too. Good to see ford has their priorities lined up with their new apple bed fellow

Edited by openair

Since MFT 3.8 release it has come to light in a post in the fusion hybrid forum that many 2013 owners who have been stuck with 3.6 for about a year should have also received the 3.7 update and they're collecting vins to begin fixing this problem so they can update to 3.8.

This has occurred despite many owners repeatedly mentioning this fact on these forums. It is a problem that occurred and can only be solved at Ford corporate level. No dealership would even know there was a problem as ford is telling them that they have the correct software.

It struck me today that the text messaging issue I experience, which is isolated entirely to the right lcd, may occur for a similar reason.

That some 2014s, maybe even only Canadian 2014s, may potentially similarly not be flagged for a cluster software update.

Edited by openair

I have a 2013 FFE, but no Sync update....site still shows that 3.6.2 is the latest available.  UGH!

Hi mdrevs, 

If you're not seeing 3.8 available for download, please send me your VIN in a private message and I'll send it to my support for further investigation. 

Rebecca

3.8 is not for the 2013 model.

As i already posted in this thread ford is collecting vins to look into why 2013 have not been getting MFT touch updates since 3.6.2.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/10558-version-38-available/ This thread from the fusion hybrid forum has more examples of ford employees asking for vins and multiple examples of 2013s running the 3.8 update that someone uploaded and linked for them to try.  They even uploaded the confirmation they have updated and the ford website now confirms they have the latest update for their vehicle: 3.8.

Edited by openair