Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MyFORD mobile

meyersnole

That is correct.  You're supposed to get the second request at 24 hours but some have reported getting it a little beyond that.  Not sure what benefit there is doing that.  If you get it the first time and the name doesn't match your own, don't hit the OK button. :)  But perhaps they did that just in case someone mis-reads (or flat out ignores the notice).  After all, once the website is bound to the car, you can't de-bind it unless you do it through the website.  I don't see a way to do it from the MFT... but may be buried somewhere in services.

A system reset will clear it. I had to reset to get voice control working again, and had to re-add my car in the app.

I am sorry to be so dense that I can't follow what is being discussed, but what are you all talking about with the "second notice" and all that? I'm in the forum now but still am not understanding what is being discussed in relation to the MyFord Mobile app and cell phones, etc. 

I appear to be getting all the data I need on the MyFord Mobile app when I sign in, except that I too have gotten those silly "Your car was accidentally unplugged" texts/emails after I unplug it to drive it when it has been fully charged. 

Also, I gave up on using the 4-digit pass code. I just use my email address and password every time. 

Thanks.

I am sorry to be so dense that I can't follow what is being discussed, but what are you all talking about with the "second notice" and all that? I'm in the forum now but still am not understanding what is being discussed in relation to the MyFord Mobile app and cell phones, etc. 

They are referring to that first step in associating your VIN number in your MFM app -- once you input the VIN, it sends a signal to the car to say that someone (don't remember if a user name is included) wants to add this VIN to their MFM account, and you click "OK" on the screen to allow it.  Then you go through the same process about 24 hours later and that completes the association.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new here. First post. New car 10 days ago. Totally pleased like I haven't been for many years. Run mainly on EV.

I have a Samsung galaxy s4 and have to input user name and password every time I cold start the app. Also have ipad mini and app works perfectly on that platform.

Any suggestions to get my android app perfected?

'Wish I could help but I still have the same situation on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I have to input my long password every time. What's infuriating is that it continues to tell me about this great system that lets me create/use just a 4-digit passcode instead of the long password, but then the next time I login it requires the long password again! On the login page, it doesn't give me the option of using just the passcode that I already created. I've been through the same irritating process about 4 times and have yet to find out how one can login with just the 4-digit passcode. 

Has anyone figured out how to login to MyFord Mobile using just their 4-digit passcode? Thanks. 

I suppose it depends on what kind of phone and then the operating system you're running.  I have an iPhone4S running OS 6.1.3 and the 4 digit code works for me.  I set it up as soon as I bought my car so I don't remember the steps I took.  Whenever I launch the app it takes me to the passcode screen instead of the username and password screen.  All I have to do is enter the 4 digits and the app opens.  I don't have to press the "Done" key.  The OS I'm running isn't listed on the website but it works for me.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

What platforms does the MyFord Mobile application support?

Mobile Operating Systems

• Apple iPhone 5.1.1
  • Apple iPhone 6.0.1
  • Google Android 2.3.3
  • Google Android 2.3.4
  • Google Android 2.3.6
  • Google Android 4.0.4

Your trip data will automatically update upon the completion of your journey, however, it won't post anything if you're under 2 miles and that's by design (it goes by key on -> drive over 2mi -> key off).  I can go to and from the grocery store (about 1 1/2 miles both ways) and it won't show that trip.  But if I go to work and sign in as soon as I walk in the door (5.2 miles), it'll show that and show where the car physically is too.

Edited by Russael

Your trip data will automatically update upon the completion of your journey, however, it won't post anything if you're under 2 miles and that's by design (it goes by key on -> drive over 2mi -> key off).  I can go to and from the grocery store (about 1 1/2 miles both ways) and it won't show that trip.  But if I go to work and sign in as soon as I walk in the door (5.2 miles), it'll show that and show where the car physically is too.

I think that feature (under 2 miles) is a bad idea. A lot of my getting around my town is under 2 miles. I've just over 2081 miles on my car with only 1857 miles showing. That's 6% of my trips not showing. That will seriously skew my values when the car reaches higher miles driven. I really would like to know how many hot air balloons full of CO2 I saved from the environment when I go to trade this car in, in a few years. :superhero:

• 2 months later...

Having an issue with my charge locations.  Home page says "My Black NRG is at home, charging".  However, under Charge Settings/Value Charge Profiles, I only see Default.  My Charge Locations does not show me a saved or unsaved location that corresponds to my address.  My goal is to have a home location that only charges during value time and to then have Default be in charge now mode.  I can see the locations of public chargers in my unsaved location, but not my home.  Any thoughts?

I had to manually create a Home charge location based on the current GPS data because almost all maps place my house in the wrong location.  I live on a short street where the house numbers run from 300 to 321.  Unfortunately most of the map creators allocated the house locations as if the house numbers ran from 300 to 399.  Entering my address puts my house about 10 feet from the end of the block.  The house was built in 1957 which predates all electronic maps.

I believe that they have made a change and lowered the threshold to a lower number, but I'm not sure what that number is. I have plenty of trips between 1.6 and 2 miles showing in my account.

Regards,

APM

I suppose it depends on what kind of phone and then the operating system you're running. I have an iPhone4S running OS 6.1.3 and the 4 digit code works for me. I set it up as soon as I bought my car so I don't remember the steps I took. Whenever I launch the app it takes me to the passcode screen instead of the username and password screen. All I have to do is enter the 4 digits and the app opens. I don't have to press the "Done" key. The OS I'm running isn't listed on the website but it works for me. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

What platforms does the MyFord Mobile application support?
Mobile Operating Systems
  • Apple iPhone 5.1.1
  • Apple iPhone 6.0.1
  • Google Android 2.3.3
  • Google Android 2.3.4
  • Google Android 2.3.6
  • Google Android 4.0.4

Can safely add Apple iOS 7.0.0 and 7.0.1 (so all the iPads, iTouch, and iPhones running the listed OS).
(it's not iPhone version, but iOS version, just to nit pick) Edited by shaggy314