Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New HVB

Zeusxl60

I checked two differet Ford dealers that sell parts online and they both list the HV battery for the 2014s as p/n EG9Z10B759E and say it is "discontinued".  I wonder if that is because they moved to the higher capacity battery in 2019, or they just aren't supporting our discontinued cars.

These guys used to list a battery for the Energi, but I noticed they only have the Hybrid battery on their website these days:  https://www.greentecauto.com/product-category/ford/fusion

My guess is you might have to find a junkyard donor, which could prove difficult.

EDIT: one of those dealers lists an alternate part number to the discontinued one: EG9Z10B759FARM  it lists at $5840.14  here's the link:

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/ford_2014_fusion/Drive-Motor-Battery-Pack/98532982/EG9Z10B759FARM.html

Edited by jsamp
added link

On 9/26/2021 at 2:46 AM, jsamp said:

EDIT: one of those dealers lists an alternate part number to the discontinued one: EG9Z10B759FARM  it lists at $5840.14  here's the link:

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/ford_2014_fusion/Drive-Motor-Battery-Pack/98532982/EG9Z10B759FARM.html

That link seems to be ambiguous as to whether it's for either the Hybrid

- "Fusion; w/o Plug-In Model"; 

- "Fits Fusion, MKZ, Police Responder Hybrid" where I don't believe that the Police Responder was ever a Plug-in

or for the Energi:

- "ENERGI HIGH VOLTAGE. HIGH VOLTAGE. HIGH VOLTAGE HYBRID.";

- "HIGH VOLTAGE. HIGH VOLTAGE, ENERGI,"

The price for OEM seems low to me, because I have a vague recollection of someone reporting a quote of around $9K for the 7.6 kWh HVB replacement.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:43 AM, jsamp said:

Good find.  I also found this one KG9Z10B759A for $9500 but couldn't tell what version it was (maybe 9.0kWh?).  Again the web site listed numerous compatible vehicles, even including the ecoBoost!?!?!?!!

Seems it's for the 9.0 kWh battery.  I tried two Fusion model years using "Confirm this fits your car".  Does not fit for 2017, but does fit for 2019.

• 1 year later...

Ford has apparently discontinued new HV batteries for the Fusion Energi. They now sell "reconditioned" batteries for over $10,000 and only a 1 year warranty.  I have not been able to find out what they mean by "reconditioned". Most HV battery reconditioners only replace the bad cells and they replace them with good used cells.  If Ford is charging $10,000 for that, it's a terrible deal, since you might be spending another $10K in as little as 13 months. But, if they replace every cell with a new one, that would justify the price. When I enquire, I get different answers from different places. No one has been able to produce a document from Ford saying what they really do.