Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

"Value charge" profiles not working

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mikenmar

mikenmar

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 90 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSF Bay Area
  • Current Vehicle:Energi Titanium

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:13 PM

I can't get MyFord Mobile to recognize any of my "Value Charge" profiles/locations.

I think this started happening after the modem upgrade.

Anyone else having this problem?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 262 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationMN
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:33 PM

Yes and we aren't alone...

409947.png

#3 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 227 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion
  • My Fusion's Year:Decline

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:08 AM

mikenmar and Timewellspent,

Have you verified that the SYNC software is up to date?  If so, perform a fuse pull if you're comfortable with it.  You'll pull Fuse #10 which is located under the instrument panel on the left side of the steering column.  Be sure to replace the fuse in its correction location.  Once the fuse has been pulled and replaced, try setting up the Value Charge Profile again.  If the issue hasn't been resolved, please PM your first and last name, email, best contact number, and VIN to submit a case.

Cara

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t@FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFusion facebook.com/Ford

#4 OFFLINE   kzoojason76

kzoojason76

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 27 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationGrass Lake, MI
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

One more thing to check...

Log into  myfordmobile.com, go to "My Account" and check the timezone.  I noticed my was set for US\Hawaii for some reason.

#5 OFFLINE   mikenmar

mikenmar

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

The owner.ford.com website says my Sync version (3.6) is "up to date."  It was last updated 2014.  But it looks like there's a 3.8 version out there. 

Should I upgrade to 3.8, and if so where are the instructions for doing so?

This is a 2013 Energi.

thanks

Edited by mikenmar, 06 January 2017 - 12:50 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• 227 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:11 AM

The owner.ford.com website says my Sync version (3.6) is "up to date."  It was last updated 2014.  But it looks like there's a 3.8 version out there. 

Should I upgrade to 3.8, and if so where are the instructions for doing so?

This is a 2013 Energi.

thanks

PM the VIN and I'll see if you have V3.8 available.  This was pulled from the accounts due to installation issues, but is still available for dealer installation.

Cara

t@FordService @Ford

#7 OFFLINE   mikenmar

mikenmar

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

PM the VIN and I'll see if you have V3.8 available.  This was pulled from the accounts due to installation issues, but is still available for dealer installation.

Cara

OK, I PM'd you my VIN.

But do I really have to take it to the dealer?  My local dealer doesn't have any free appointments for the next two weeks.  And they can never do anything in an hour.  I always have to drop off my car in the morning and leave it there the entire day.  It's a hassle.

Edited by mikenmar, 07 January 2017 - 08:23 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• 227 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:26 AM

OK, I PM'd you my VIN.

But do I really have to take it to the dealer?  My local dealer doesn't have any free appointments for the next two weeks.  And they can never do anything in an hour.  I always have to drop off my car in the morning and leave it there the entire day.  It's a hassle.

I replied to your PM.  Unfortunately, the V3.8 update isn't available for self installation and is dealer install only.

Cara

t@FordService @Ford

#9 OFFLINE   hankanddara

hankanddara

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationArroyo Grande, CA
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi SE

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

I have the same issue.  I had the modem upgrade done last Tuesday, and ever since then I've been unable to get my Value Charge to "stick" while using the My Ford Mobile app.  I tried to do it from the touch screen in the car, but there is a (new?) message telling me to use the app. instead.

I tried to find Fuse #10 yesterday, but I'm physically unable to contort myself (head next to brake pedal) to be able to identify - much less pull - fuse #10.

I've submitted my VIN and contact info to Cara.

Thanks!
Henry Hadley 

#10 OFFLINE   Russael

Russael

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1,428 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:1999 EB 4x4 Expedition, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:43 AM

I have the same issue.  I had the modem upgrade done last Tuesday, and ever since then I've been unable to get my Value Charge to "stick" while using the My Ford Mobile app.  I tried to do it from the touch screen in the car, but there is a (new?) message telling me to use the app. instead.

I tried to find Fuse #10 yesterday, but I'm physically unable to contort myself (head next to brake pedal) to be able to identify - much less pull - fuse #10.

Thanks!
Henry Hadley 

The panel by your knees under the steering wheel is able to be pulled away, and that will reveal a hole that you can look through and see the fuse panel.  FAR easier than being an acrobat.

• ctwomey likes this

I am The White Fury in Region 5 on MyFord Mobile.

#11 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 262 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:35 AM

Don't waste your time trying to pull the fuse for this issue.  It will not work as I have tried it and so have others.  He are others having same issue:  https://discussions.....1?nav=messages

• Blastphemy likes this

409947.png

#12 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• 227 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

Thanks!
Henry Hadley 

Henry,

Check you PMs for my reply. :)

Cara

t@FordService @Ford

#13 OFFLINE   Blastphemy

Blastphemy

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMontana
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:30 PM

Henry,

Check you PMs for my reply. :)

Cara

Cara - maybe you'd like to enlighten the rest of us who also have this ridiculous problem instead of just PMing Henry?

#14 OFFLINE   openair

openair

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 485 posts
  • LocationOntario
  • Current Vehicle:2014 fusion energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2014

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

Cara - maybe you'd like to enlighten the rest of us who also have this ridiculous problem instead of just PMing Henry?

Those of us in Canada who are completely avoiding this field service action due to all the issues reported here by multiple owners while there is nothing wrong with our current modem are also curious. My original 2g modem still works flawlessly because the MFM provider here in canada is not dropping 2g yet.

Edited by openair, 10 January 2017 - 12:48 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   mikenmar

mikenmar

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

Don't waste your time trying to pull the fuse for this issue.  It will not work as I have tried it and so have others.  He are others having same issue:  https://discussions.....1?nav=messages

Was your Sync software up to date when you tried it?  (I think it should be 3.8.)  Trying to figure out if I should bother to go through this. 

#16 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• 227 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:09 AM

Blastphemy,

I understand your frustrations, but Henry had reached out with his personal info in a PM.  I looked at the vehicle software and he has an update available, which I recommended he install.  If you're still having issues with your vehicle, feel free to PM your VIN and I'll be happy to take a look at the vehicle info.

Cara

t@FordService @Ford

#17 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 262 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:05 AM

Was your Sync software up to date when you tried it?  (I think it should be 3.8.)  Trying to figure out if I should bother to go through this. 

Yes, I have the most recent version 3.8.  Everything works but the value charge.  Car knows it is at a charge location by saying it is at home or at work charging, but only uses the default charge setting.  I have tried to delete out home and work profiles from MFM (since the car doesn't allow you to do it from there), but when I do it fails to sync with the car so it won't delete. I have edited the default from the car to create a value charge for charging at my home times which works, but then I need to remember to put it back to charge now when I stop at work.

409947.png

#18 OFFLINE   Blastphemy

Blastphemy

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:22 AM

Car knows it is at a charge location by saying it is at home or at work charging, but only uses the default charge setting.  I have tried to delete out home and work profiles from MFM (since the car doesn't allow you to do it from there), but when I do it fails to sync with the car so it won't delete. I have edited the default from the car to create a value charge for charging at my home times which works, but then I need to remember to put it back to charge now when I stop at work.

That's my exact problem too. MyFord Mobile knows I'm home, but the car doesn't. Tried deleting all profiles and previous charge locations multiple times to no avail. Makes no sense that a different modem would break all this functionality - it's just hardware! How did all the software get corrupted so badly??

#19 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 262 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

That's my exact problem too. MyFord Mobile knows I'm home, but the car doesn't. Tried deleting all profiles and previous charge locations multiple times to no avail. Makes no sense that a different modem would break all this functionality - it's just hardware! How did all the software get corrupted so badly??

My Car knows its home as it shows on the little map display, but for whatever reason value charge profiles doesn't know where the car is.  I can't even delete my profiles.  When I try, sync fails and nothing changes.

409947.png

#20 OFFLINE   Blastphemy

Blastphemy

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

Gotta wonder if Ford even bothered testing this "upgrade" before sending out recall notices at the last minute...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·