Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Modem in Car 3G Upgrade?

PJFW8

Ha ha ha (NOT)..... So the dilio with this is, yes, the modem for the Fusion Energi is under the rear deck, but in the Lincoln (hybrid?), it's up front. I tried to tell this to service before I dropped off the car. Obviously the first one they've done. They need to order the trim parts, which are a one way proposition. Once they come out, they can't be put back in. They need to be replaced. So, I have to pick up the car, wait for the parts, then take it back. Oh well.

Edited by mczajka

Ha ha ha (NOT)..... So the dilio with this is, yes, the modem for the Fusion Energi is under the rear deck, but in the Lincoln (hybrid?), it's up front. I tried to tell this to service before I dropped off the car. Obviously the first one they've done. They need to order the trim parts, which are a one way proposition. Once they come out, they can't be put back in. They need to be replaced. So, I have to pick up the car, wait for the parts, then take it back. Oh well.

This is the Fusion Energi forum and your data says that you have a 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium.  I failed mind reading. ;)

I had the 15N04 Modem recall done today & now the remote app or the MFM website no longer communicates with the car. 

The dealer 'thinks' Ford won't activate the new service until January 2017 but reading this thread I see it's BS.

Is there something else I need to do?  The documentation does not specify any other actions.  Can anyone tell me where the modem is located?  I want to see if it is physically attached.

Does a 'Master Reset' need to be done?  If so, what other settings will I lose?  

Thanks for your help.

I had the 15N04 Modem recall done today & now the remote app or the MFM website no longer communicates with the car. 

The dealer 'thinks' Ford won't activate the new service until January 2017 but reading this thread I see it's BS.

Is there something else I need to do?  The documentation does not specify any other actions.  Can anyone tell me where the modem is located?  I want to see if it is physically attached.

Does a 'Master Reset' need to be done?  If so, what other settings will I lose?  

Thanks for your help.

The CMax forum might shed some light on this...

http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com/topic/4620-modem-upgrade/page-6

Access it using a computer on the web site.  If that works, delete the app from your phone and then re-install it.

I didn't do anything after the update to get the access to work. 

The data transfer problem that everyone had apparently was a problem with the web site and is now fixed.

A couple of people reported that the new modem was installed but they neglected to plug it in.

Thanks,

MFM Website not working either.....  Dealer claims Ford is aware of the issue & claims it is on their end even tho Ford told me it should be working.  Most of the posts on the C-Max site says it's half working but not updating properly.  Mine is not updating at all & the functions don't work, like locator, lock, unlock, etc.   All data on MFM is historic, from driving to the dealer for the service.  It does show my attempts to unlock the doors with the comment: "Unable to lock the doors".

Trying to find the actual modem location to see if it's plugged in properly, does anyone here know?  2014 Fusion Energi.

Dealer is adamant it is not their problem.

Easiest way to see if plugged in is see if it displays a serial number in the settings on the main touch screen.

Thanks....

It shows up in System Information as "CCPM ESN: T67E3017" which I understand is the new 3G modem.  Unfortunately it won't synch with MFM.

Another issue is I am unable to turn on the My Go Schedule.  Hitting the ON button just beeps but does not enable putting in a schedule.

I really don't want to do a Master Reset as it's my wife's car & she's very used to her settings & doesn't respond well to changes if I miss something.

Anyone have suggestions?   Thank you.

I've been having similar problems since the modem replacement. When it happens I can't change any go times or charge setings. Pulling the modem fuse will fix it for a few days.

Thanks......

I don't think they could've hidden the fuse panel any better than way under the dash....   Raining now, need to wait for a nicer day to twist up there.

Update to my above post. MFM battery icon is stuck on 10 miles EV Range, which was the miles left on the battery when I dropped the car off. Looking through the posts related to the modem upgrade, I'm no the only one stuck with the stuck battery indicator.

Mine actually corrected itself after a week or two. I didn't take any action -- it just started working again all by itself.

I spent quite a bit of time with Ford Support yesterday & their system indicated my car still showed the 2G modem installed meaning the dealer did not complete the reconfiguration programming. I returned to the dealer today & they re-programmed it & viola, the My Go Schedule was activated & I was able to add the car to the MFM App.  Because I deleted it from the App yesterday per Ford, I will need to wait 24Hrs to complete the process but at least step 1 completed.  I just hope this continues to correct this mess......................

I do wish they put an LTE modem in, who knows how long 3G will be around.

Thanks for all your assistance & I hope everyone's problems are solved.......................

Edited by svogt302

I'm still having an issue where my value charge locations are not showing up in the car.  They do online, but won't sync.  Car just shows default and when I try to sync from MFM, it fails.  MFM will not let me delete out the locations either.  It has one location name as a duplicate, but that's location shows in the middle of water. Not sure how to fix this issue as everything else seems to be working now (go times, range mileage).

Got my modem upgrade today.  I was in and out in about 1 1/2 hour and it seems no issues so far other than the common stuck EV Range in MFM.  I'll let it go and see if it syncs soon like it appears to have for others.  Getting status/updates in MFM prior the upgrade was hit and miss for me and so far it seems much better.  I suspected poor AT&T 2G coverage.

One note I'll add is that I asked my SA what they needed to tear apart to get to the modem.  He slapped the side of the front console to show me where it was. I've seen a few mention this, but many have said it was under the rear deck.  I questioned him and he said he quite sure. He then showed me the service manual on the computer showing diagrams of it.  So unless he was wrong and the Trim guy that did the job did something other than that, I wonder if there may have been a change in location between model years??

My Service Advisor said that my car was their first modem replacement.  I told him that made me very nervous.  But I have to say it appears that the replacement went smoothly.  So far no trim pieces have fallen off or appear to be broken.  How long will it take the duct tape to lose it's adhesion and pieces start to fall off?  :)

When I picked my car up my SA told me he had to re-pair my phone and wanted to do that for me.  I told him I can do that quickly so it was Ok.  Well, I started my car and my phone paired immediately.  Not sure if any of you had to re-pair your phones or not.  But my Go Times stopped working.  I checked the settings in the car and Go Times were Off.  My dealer said they did not know about that as an issue after the modem replacement, but said Ford told them customers would have to re-pair their phones.  I think the Go Times defaulting to Off is a bigger issue.

Now Go Times work and everything seems peachy.  I still hate my service department though.  Just saying.