Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Modem in Car 3G Upgrade?

PJFW8

Update, I Took my vehicle in on Monday, and they replaced the modem with an updated modem, but there was an update apparently that was available the next day, I decided to wait until friday to bring it in, and finally got everything working after they got everything reprogrammed. The 3G modem is definitely much faster with updates. Glad it finally got fixed.

I had the dealership order a modem for me, but they said it is on a "slight backorder", so who knows when it'll arrive.  Once it does, I'll roll in and have it replaced.

When I had mine replaced in December I went to see the service advisor in person, he said "it normally takes about a week for those to arrive" and he ordered the part while I stood there on a Friday morning, he then called the following Thursday afternoon saying that it had arrived.  Hopefully yours will have about the same timeframe.

• 1 month later...

According to the Wiring Diagram book it is on the package shelf directly behind the center speaker.  I assume the package shelf cover has to be removed to get access to it.

Where can I find the wiring diagram? Preferably a pdf of it.

Edited by xenuiswatching

• 2 weeks later...

I had my modem replaced in December.  It seems that my remote start, unlock/lock does not work using the MyFordMobile app, or website.  It is updating the vehicle location and range.  When I attempt to unlock/lock/remote start from the App I receive an error message stating "Contact your authorized dealer (FSA 15N04)".  Well that was performed in December.

Any assistance is appreciated, short of taking the car to the dealership, again.

Steve

My modem FINALLY came in, so I'm getting it swapped Wednesday morning.  I will be testing the app before I depart; but in hindsight, I've almost never had a problem with that particular dealership service center.

Everything works for me with the new modem, BUT the value charge locations.  The car does not seem to switch over to the created profiles and just stays in default even though MFM will say the car is at work or at home, it doesn't use those created profiles for charging, just stays in default profile.

Everything works for me with the new modem, BUT the value charge locations.  The car does not seem to switch over to the created profiles and just stays in default even though MFM will say the car is at work or at home, it doesn't use those created profiles for charging, just stays in default profile.

Yep. Same here. I believe a few others are having this problem as well. I tried entirely deleting my MFM account and starting over from scratch. It did clear out the custom charging profiles and saved locations, but I still can't add/edit/sync them from MFM. I can edit the default profile from within the vehicle so this isn't a high priority issue for me.

GM started in 2015 I think in replacing modems on cars. I had a 2004 Chevy with Onstar. I never used it, but GM issued a recall that said if you had OnStar or wanted it, you could come in and get the modem swapped out for one that would continue to work. So even if GM had issues, they had years to get it working. Worst case they could have put an old modem back in if there were major issues then once those were figured out put the correct one back in. Ford waited until the last moment, and it shows. Heck, I bought my 2016 new in December, but with the amount of miles on it already, it had obviously sat in the lot for quite some time. Yet I had to take it in 3 weeks after I bought it for the modem replacment. Why wasn't it done while it was still there!?!?

• 3 weeks later...

Modem Replacement

First trip to dealer on Jan 1, only looked at existing modem to ensure correct replacement modem ordered.  I lost MFM functionality on that date.

2nd trip to dealer on Jan 20 to install new modem . . . . new modem wouldn't program, so dealer reordered another modem and sent me home (still no MFM functionality).

March 27 2017, Installed new modem.  Still no MFM functionality.  Tried all the tricks mentioned before (fuse pulls, battery disconnect, deleting MFM account).  I can see car location on map.  Nothing else is updated - still same mileage as on Jan 2.

Call into dealer, but not real optimistic.

• 3 weeks later...

Dealer "forced" me to bring in the car to see the part that needs to be replaced on February 28.  Of course when the technician brought the car back out and I asked what was done he told me "nothing was necessary".  Now the 3G modem is supposedly on back order and today is April 19. 

That does not sound right. Ford issues a recall but does not have the part for months, especially considering that this is a part used in all their current models - did they just halt the whole assembly line because of a part shortage?

My question:

Did anyone here have the modem replaced during the last 7 weeks or has been told they are on back order?

• 2 weeks later...

6 months after mine was replaced and I still do not have location based value charging working. Stopped the DAY the 3g modem was replaced.

The two answers I get out of Covert Ford in Austin are either it is MyFordMobile's problem or they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Annnd today I no longer get remote connections at all. Sigh. Yes, I've pulled all my favorite fuses. I wish I didn't have to be so good at pulling 10 & 13.