Ford Fusion Energi Forum

"Value charge" profiles not working

mikenmar

Has anyone else been having trouble logging into the www.myfordmobile.com website? The website stopped working for me on Thursday, and still doesn't accept my login. I tried resetting my password, and the temporary password also didn't work. I've tried both Mac and PC, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, MS Edge, and Opera browsers. None of them work. There are no ad blockers, Flash/HTML5 blockers, etc. enabled.

The iPhone app still works, though, if you can believe it! (Still doesn't consistently know when I'm at one of my Value Charging profile locations, though.)

Ford online customer service has been useless.

Has anyone else been having trouble logging into the www.myfordmobile.com website? The website stopped working for me on Thursday, and still doesn't accept my login. I tried resetting my password, and the temporary password also didn't work. I've tried both Mac and PC, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, MS Edge, and Opera browsers. None of them work. There are no ad blockers, Flash/HTML5 blockers, etc. enabled.

The iPhone app still works, though, if you can believe it! (Still doesn't consistently know when I'm at one of my Value Charging profile locations, though.)

Ford online customer service has been useless.

Check your PMs.  I replied to your message. :)

Cara

I just got this email which sounds promising:

Hi Doug,

I’m reaching out to you in regards to your MyFord Mobile account. The cause of the issue has been discovered. Currently, we are working to correct it. We will contact you once a resolution is available.

In addition to email you may also contact us via the following:

(phone)

Regards,

Joy

In-Vehicle Technology Team

Ford Motor Company

I hadn't set up value charging until this week. My modem was replaced two weeks ago, but I'm getting non-sticking Value charging as well. It recognizes my car is home, and I've set value charging to be from midnight to 6 pm. But it starts charging as soon as I plug it in.

Have you confirmed that value charging shows as being "on" in the car.  When in the car, click edit and make sure it is set to on.

The website and my car apparently have some real issues with each other since the modem replacement. If you can believe it, when my car is parked at home, I CAN'T LOG INTO THE WEBSITE (nor can I log in to the app on my iPhone). But If my car is parked anywhere else (Work, a friend's house, etc.), I can log in with no problem on any computer, Mac or PC, regardless of browser.

What kind of nonsensical technical B.S. has Ford managed to introduce with this infuriating recall?  :shrug:

Also, every so often, the sounds in my car (startup, beeping when parking, etc.) suddenly revert back to tones that sound like a bad 80s videogame.

Anyone else experiencing ridiculous symptoms like this?

• 3 weeks later...

I leave the Default Profile in the car on Value Charging all the time, and switch to Charge Now when I need it. This is the last Ford I'm buying.

I was doing this as well, but I got caught twice going out to my car after work to a big fat 0 on the battery because I forgot to switch it back to charge now.  Hopefully they have it fixed or are getting close.  Based on the email they sent me on January 19th, they knew what the problem was and were working on the fix.

It's even worse, now! Not only has my 2015 Fusion Energi not been able to sync with MyFord Mobile for at least three days, the car has also completely lost the Default Profile that I could switch from "Value Charge" to "Charge Now." So now I'm apparently stuck with Value Charging always on, since pressing the "Charge Now" button does nothing. Can't edit charging profiles, can't add/delete them (there aren't any at the moment... they all just disappeared), can't tell the car to switch from Value Charging to Charge Now.

Ford is starting to feel like the anti-Tesla... the car's software continues to get worse with time as each update and upgrade makes the car worse!

EDIT: In looking at that photo, I just noticed that the car also seems to think that it's still January 31st! Amazing.

post-1636-0-76334500-1486662354_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blastphemy

I am having the same problem and getting VERY frustrated with FORD.  Value charge profiles and go times cannot be changed and I cannot access my car with my ford mobile app.  Had my modem upgraded in December and it worked fine after that and in mid January all this started happening.  Called for help, they told me to redownload the app or take it to the dealer.  Based on the comments here, the dealer isn't going to be able to fix. 

Ford needs to solve this issue as it's cleary some sort of network or software issue. 

So an update on my issue.  As stated I was finally able to delete out my value charge profiles and add them back and the car now syncs without timing out.  However, the car still will not use the value charge profiles.  When I arrive at home the car does not go to the home profile and just stays on default.  MFM does show that the car is at home, but for some reason the car still does not switch to the home profile.  

That was the issue I was having.  If I deleted one and tried to delete another it would put the one back that I had just deleted and then it would timeout and not sync with the car.  I'm not sure what changed, but whatever they did, I can delete and add and like I said it now syncs with the car fine, but and and big but, the car still doesn't recognize those settings for some reason even though it reports to MFM that has. (car is charging at "home", but not using home setting and using the default).

The incompetence of some Ford support staff is mind boggling. After weeks of back and forth e-mails with Ford, including the promise that the issue was determined and a fix was being crafted, my car stopped being able to communicate via modem with MyFord Mobile on January 31st.

Ford told me to pull fuse 10, which I did yesterday, and that resolved the basic communication problem, but didn't resolve the ongoing charge location fiasco everyone else is reporting here.

So I wrote back and told Ford that pulling fuse 10 fixed the basic communication problem but not the larger issues. Guess what "Joy" from the In-Vehicle Technology Team at Ford replied? Yup - you guessed it: "In an attempt to resolve this issue, please remove and reinsert fuse #10."

That's right - she copied and pasted a form response without even reading my e-mail, telling me to do exactly what I just done.

Joy's incompetent response is now yet another reason this Fusion Energi Titanium will be my last Ford!

:nonono:   :headscratch:   :shrug:   :doh:   :rant2:   :swear:   :rant:   :angry2:   :banghead:

Yep, I'm getting there too.  Been a long time Ford/Lincoln guy, but this is very frustrating.  It's a small thing, but annoying. Not being able to use the mobile app, especially during the winter, to warm up the car is growing tiresome.  Not being able to control my charge profiles in the car or with mobile is actually COSTING ME MONEY since I have a "time of day" power plan with my electric company.   I've tried calling ford, emailing ford, and posting here and I get no where! 

Ford, if you're listening, please help us out.  If the group here is having the problem, how many others out there are also having it and not posting! 

Yep, I'm getting there too.  Been a long time Ford/Lincoln guy, but this is very frustrating.  It's a small thing, but annoying. Not being able to use the mobile app, especially during the winter, to warm up the car is growing tiresome.  Not being able to control my charge profiles in the car or with mobile is actually COSTING ME MONEY since I have a "time of day" power plan with my electric company.   I've tried calling ford, emailing ford, and posting here and I get no where! 

Ford, if you're listening, please help us out.  If the group here is having the problem, how many others out there are also having it and not posting! 

Send a private message to FordIVTteam and she will open a case for you.

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/user/568-fordivtteam/

Not being able to control my charge profiles in the car or with mobile is actually COSTING ME MONEY since I have a "time of day" power plan with my electric company.

You should be able to set up the Default profile to take advantage of your TOU plan. 

Here's how I've done it:   First, delete all the custom profiles from the MFM website.  Then go into the car and set up the Default profile from the touch screen, programming it to start charging after midnight.  Then leave it in "Value Charge" mode.

The downside of this is that you have to remember to put it back into "Charge Now" mode if you ever want to charge during non-TOU times (e.g. at a charging station you're not paying TOU rates for).

Edited by mikenmar