Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2020 Ford Escape PHEV, 14.4 kWh/30+ EV miles, FWD only

jj2me

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the Altanta Car Show yesterday and FORD had a 2020 FEH Plugin so I took some pics. FORD people said they would be available in June. The tires were Michelin Primacy A/S, not the Bridgstones Ecopia's on the Hybrid's. Looking at the Center Console there was no switches for EV only/Hybrid only or Auto. No Plugin Badge on the car and only Plugin Door.I'm not sure that this plugin had the everything the production car would have. It is a SEL, not Titanium. 

Paul

FEHP4.jpg

FEHP3.jpg

FEHP2.jpg

FEHP1.jpg

Just test drove a 2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid and only went 3.3 miles, but got 56 mpg. Hard to get use to the brakes being to touchy. The EV acceleration is very good and regen charges quickly.

Needed to do a test drive to get a $50 gift card from FORD that I registered to get at the Atlanta Car Show. 

Frank are you getting use to monitoring the gauges yet? It's going to take some time to get use to the shifter. What kind of MPG's are you getting?

Paul

It maybe they need to brake in although this should be regen braking and I notice it is pretty aggressive. It surprises me how strong the EV is and how little SOC you need like just in the 40's %.  Something I just noticed about the FEH is the gas capacity of Hybrid 14.2 gal. and plugin 11.2, I'm a little disappointed in that.☹️  I guess I'm going to have to do a lot of charging to make up the difference.

Paul

• 1 month later...

FORD.COM has 2020FEH Plugin info, I looked and I couldn't find the block heater 41H option for $95. And there was a $645 Acquisition Fee too that wasn't on my Dealers Preview order. I'm sure we are at least 2 months yet. image.gif.d15c8e7b8c71b630b077091792213777.gif They did have available incentives at $8,115. Then - $1400 for the X Plan I maybe looking around $31,000

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So with all the latest I've been reading on the Escape PHEV, a couple of interesting notes:

- 37 miles (EPA) on 14.4 kWh is pretty good.  I wonder what the usable portion of the battery is?  I hope they're doing a better job protecting the battery this time.

- 41MPG in hybrid mode!  That's as good as our Fusion Energi's

- Ford seems to be dropping the "Energi" name from their PHEV lineup.  C-Max and Fusion used it, but no more.  So far I have not seen any name attached to the new ones except PHEV.

22 hours ago, j8048188 said:

The 2020 Fusion is sometimes referred to as the Energi, other times as the Plug in Hybrid. The inconsistency on Ford's own website and literature is a bit disconcerting.

Appears they have not put the Energi logo on the Escape.  At least I didn't see it in the pictures posted in this thread.

4 hours ago, muzicman61 said:

Appears they have not put the Energi logo on the Escape.  At least I didn't see it in the pictures posted in this thread.

I blew up my iphone pics from Atlanta Car Show and it looks like it says Plug in above  Hybrid on the name plate on the back door.

Just talked to my Dealer and got a Vin# and will be built the week of Aug. 10th with delivery about two weeks later, around the end of the month.image.gif.63c8d888e9abab35c58a159a6b3f2382.gif so about a month to go.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

The latest info I have for my FEHP is scheduled to be produced on Sept. 3 so should have by middle of the month. I contacted Dealers in SCal and they already have them, so unfair, I have had mine ordered since Jan 31 and was suppose to be built week of      Aug. 10.☹️ after they came back to work.

Paul 

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2020 at 9:43 PM, jsamp said:

So with all the latest I've been reading on the Escape PHEV, a couple of interesting notes:

- 37 miles (EPA) on 14.4 kWh is pretty good.  I wonder what the usable portion of the battery is?  I hope they're doing a better job protecting the battery this time.

- 41MPG in hybrid mode!  That's as good as our Fusion Energi's

- Ford seems to be dropping the "Energi" name from their PHEV lineup.  C-Max and Fusion used it, but no more.  So far I have not seen any name attached to the new ones except PHEV.

Addition to my post from July.  I just saw an (I assume) 2020 Fusion Energi but it wasn't called Energi.  It seems Ford has already dropped the Energi name.  It just said "Plug-in Hybrid" on a badge on the back of the car.  Nothing at all on the door (not Energi, not Hybrid, nothing).  And the "Plug-in" was in such small letters that you can't even read it if you are behind the vehicle at a traffic light.  It just looks like it says "Hybrid".  Such a shame. 

/S   So I guess this website should now be called fordfusionpluginhybridforum.com?  /s

Well I heard from my Sales Mgr tonight and he got a text from his friend that has worked for FORD for 30 years and works at the Escape Plant. He said "They are building some Pre production units now. Nobody can give a date when they will go into production and be shipped to Dealers. I don't know if they even sell the PP units or if they drive them to see if there are any problems with them."

So my take is that the earliest we will see our FEHP is still a month out. If I hear anything new I will pass it on to you. image.gif.dfe4ff19e607c7af38cf076e404def7e.gif

Paul

• 2 weeks later...