Ford Fusion Energi Forum

140+ cars on lot

JeffISU

I'm considering a 2020 Energi and found that Fred Beans Ford in PA has 140 of them on the lot, and for great prices.  A few of the lowest around $23,800 though they included in that discount at least $1500 in military/college/first responder discounts.  The lowest prices ones are labeled as service loaners with 2000 miles.

1. Anyone have experience with this dealer?

2. For a service loaners does the warranty start when they put it into service or when I take delivery?

3. Looking to buy long distance and have it shipped to me, anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, jsamp said:

I don't have experience with the other two, but pertaining to your second question the warranty is always based on the odometer.  If it has 2000 on it, the 36k mile warranty is 34k of your use.

I will drive it < 12k miles/year, so would that 3 year timeframe for bumper-to-bumper start when I purchase it?

• 3 months later...

That is a stunning number of Energi's at 1 dealer. My dealer has 1. Used. 

Those have already depreciated a lot but you might ask about 2019 also. No difference as far as I can tell and if it were 3-4-5k less I'd personally probably go that route. 

Oops? I can't sleep and didn't notice this is months old....

Edited by Mandala
Idiocy

I tried to work with Fred Beans but didn't have any luck. They're selling the cars as (Used) dealer loaners, so you don't get the $4600 tax credit; the price ends up being the same out-of-pocket as if you just buy a brand new Energi elsewhere. I would have liked to order one, but a few fleet managers told me that Ford was no longer taking any more orders for Fusions.

My car (from a different dealer) should be here this Friday.

Edited by j8048188
clarity