Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Recall: steering wheel may end up in your lap

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   pupk

pupk

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi Platinum
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:35 PM

When you go to your account at owner.ford.com, does the recall show up under Recalls/Field Service Actions?  Mine still doesn't even though it's a 2017 built in Mexico and covered by the public notices.  I also tried calling my dealership, but after looking up the VIN, they said it wasn't showing up and they wouldn't perform the fix.

It sounds like Ford either populates that data once the letter go out (I read they were going out first week of May) or for some crazy, unadvertised reason, mine isn't affected.  I also tried another local dealership and they said they wouldn't perform the fix without the letter.  That's why I'm surprised to hear that other dealers have been accepting the cars that some folks have reported here.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   4cylinder

4cylinder

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 130 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

When you go to your account at owner.ford.com, does the recall show up under Recalls/Field Service Actions?  Mine still doesn't even though it's a 2017 built in Mexico and covered by the public notices.  I also tried calling my dealership, but after looking up the VIN, they said it wasn't showing up and they wouldn't perform the fix.

It sounds like Ford either populates that data once the letter go out (I read they were going out first week of May) or for some crazy, unadvertised reason, mine isn't affected.  I also tried another local dealership and they said they wouldn't perform the fix without the letter.  That's why I'm surprised to hear that other dealers have been accepting the cars that some folks have reported here.

Yes, mine showed the recall on the website. I checked it before heading to the dealer.

Definitely escalate to Ford directly on this one.

#23 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 150 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationPeoria, IL
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Energi

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:55 AM

Well I had my steering bolt replaced yesterday.  I checked in at the service desk at 9:00am sharp and at 9:18am they called my name saying my service was finished. They must really have this process down to finish that quickly. So far no problems that I've noticed but I've only driven it about 20 miles.

641076.png

#24 OFFLINE   Davidoo

Davidoo

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 33 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationPhoenix
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

I had mine done 2 weeks ago.  All went fine.  They definitely didn't disconnect the battery, but I don't have any problems from it.

#25 OFFLINE   openair

openair

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 486 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationOntario
  • Current Vehicle:2014 fusion energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2014

Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:04 AM

Well if i hadn't already written off Ford Canada for providing am much lower quality of service here in Canada then Ford does in the states this recall sure would have.  Multiple people in here saying they've already had this done (more then a month ago).  I got the letter two weeks ago.  I called a dealership.  We'll call you back when we actually have parts.  No call back yet.  Good to know they proritize American parts over Canadian and we're second class.

Edited by openair, 27 May 2018 - 11:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·